Question about GEDs.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 8, 2003
Is it possible to take a college class for your general ed, while going and taking other classes and getting credits in those other classes?

reason why i am asking is that i would like to go back to school, get my GED and then goto college. I was told that the general education courses can let me get my GED.

Apr 21, 2006
The GED is a test you take. If you need to prepare to take the GED test a lot of community colleges have those GED prep classes or you can go to adult school. You can take the Practice GED test to see if you'll pass. If you score high enough just pay the money and take the test. The price goes up every year so the sooner the better. If not you can get into the prep classes. They are usually free. The GED is basically reading comprehension, math and an essay. all the test but the math are based on you reading something and pulling the info out. You can still take College courses that count at the same time, if you don't do well on the entrance test they make you take remedial courses that DO NOT go towards your degree.

Mar 8, 2003
Yea man. I stopped going to school in high school because of health problems and just never went back. Trying to get back into school so i can do something with my life rather than work retail you know?

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
once you do 2 years at a Community College... it won't matter what the fuck you did in high school or GED. Just get good grades in college and you will be able to transfer pretty much to any school you want within reason

Oct 10, 2009
i did it basicly u goto a community college or really any community building you take a pre test then what ever you pass, you take the real test on that subject (math,reading,history, etc.) what ever you fail you do a class to get better but at anytime you can take the pretest again on that subject.. So say you pass them all on the pre then you do the real test, then u get your ged, say you pass all but math then you can take the test for the other subjects but not math, then when your ready to do that math part & if you pass u get your ged, at least thats how it is here, its really pretty easy to get a Ged because they dont go way into the subjects just basic knowledge

Oct 10, 2009
once you do 2 years at a Community College... it won't matter what the fuck you did in high school or GED. Just get good grades in college and you will be able to transfer pretty much to any school you want within reason
im not sure bout other places but I believe here to take any college course you have to have a G.E.D or diploma

May 17, 2002
I received a GED and was accepted to law school last year, however I didnt end up enrolling. The key is to just do good in your undergrad degree, and the GED wont even matter.