Q-Rich traded to NY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
I was angry when I first found out..
I think the reason phx fans like Q so much is 1)the 3s. phoenix LOVES three point shooters. SHAZAAM! 2) He brought engergy and spirit to the team

I dont particularly like Kurt Thomas.. but I think the Suns will be a tougher team with him. It'll take a little bit of pressure off of Amare. And Suns already got three shooters on the floor (joe, nash, and marion).. Q was excessive. The only question is if Kurt can keep up. Guess we'll see...

Aug 15, 2002
I think this will be good for Richardson. Phoenix didn't utilize him to his maximum potential. They didn't need to. Richardson can do a lot more than just shoot 3's. He was a much better overall player with the Clippers and even when he was at DePaul.

Apr 20, 2003
Psycho Logic said:
1)the 3s. phoenix LOVES three point shooters. SHAZAAM!

Yeah he was good for Phoenix during the season, but for some reason during the playoffs against the Spurs he wasn't so effective with his shooting. Thomas is gonna give the suns more help in the inside and help amare out.......

Dec 20, 2003
LaKeRzz8 said:
Are you sure this trade is official? It said it was supposed to go down after game 7 in the article and I haven't heard any more news. Anyone got another article?
The New York Knicks have agreed to trade Kurt Thomas to the Phoenix Suns for Quentin Richardson, but the deal is on hold over the weekend.

The Knicks are awaiting insurance papers on Richardson, the New York Times reported. Richardson injured his back while playing for the Los Angeles Clippers, which reportedly was one reason they let him leave as a free agent.

Without the paperwork, the deal is unlikely to happen, the Times reported. If the trade is completed, the Knicks would also get a conditional first-round pick.

Thomas averaged 10.4 rebounds and 11.5 points in 37.5 minutes over 80 games.

Richardson averaged 14.9 points and 6.1 rebounds in 35.9 minutes over 78 games.

May 27, 2002
www.google.com
marcus said:
The New York Knicks have agreed to trade Kurt Thomas to the Phoenix Suns for Quentin Richardson, but the deal is on hold over the weekend.

The Knicks are awaiting insurance papers on Richardson, the New York Times reported. Richardson injured his back while playing for the Los Angeles Clippers, which reportedly was one reason they let him leave as a free agent.

Without the paperwork, the deal is unlikely to happen, the Times reported. If the trade is completed, the Knicks would also get a conditional first-round pick.

Thomas averaged 10.4 rebounds and 11.5 points in 37.5 minutes over 80 games.

Richardson averaged 14.9 points and 6.1 rebounds in 35.9 minutes over 78 games.
Thanks for the follow up info.

Apr 1, 2002
STUPID trade on PHX part, GREAT trade for NY. Q-Rich signed a 60 MIL contract (correct if wrong) with the Suns and Joe Johnson is a free agent this summer (correct if wrong), so they got rid of Q-Rich to have enough $$$ to sign Joe Johnson. Q-Rich IMO is a great offensive player and defensive player. He has a better J than his long-range shooting.. NY is making moves, Marbury and Q-Rich at the backcourt, uh oh.