Puget Sound Underground Records

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
I spent like 4 hours trying to get a place to host the free album. I kept trying to upload it as a zip file and it took too long at 100 MB so i went with soundclick to try and get it out for everybody for christmas. Theres a link on the left of the page that takes you to the underground. Try this link then if you cant navigate through soundclick it might help.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_music.cfm?bandID=274772

Apr 25, 2002
Hey I really liked and respected the enthusiasm and effort you seemed to put into this so I gave a listen.

01) Dark Street

Uses the same beat as Same Old Song from the Drop Point Compilation out of the Portland/Vancouver area. The flow's OK, but I have a serious dislike of most tracks that use other folks beats.

02 Dope Man

The guy singing the hook doesn't really seem like it's his forte. Sounds like a rapper trying to sing. The beat is also pretty bad, the rapping sounds like it has potential but over that beat, nothing sounds good.

OK I got bored quick to evaluate every song, but the common theme is that the production is pretty porous throughout and there shouldn't even be any attempts to sing hooks w/ the personnel you've got. Underground groups getting there starts tend to sound best when they don't mess around and just grab the mic and spit hard stuff. The more hooky catchy stuff comes later w/ better access to quality producers and hook singers.

My favorite track on the album was 05) Kingpin. The beat was simple, but solid. There's nothing wrong with simple at all, sometimes that's even better. It was also straightforward spitting. 10) Slangin Dope was also decent because the production was bearable and you guys seem to play to your strengths lyrically.

May 15, 2002
www.psurecords.com
Hey thanks agian for the input. Yea they used a few outside beats for these songs so i figured i would "COMMUNITY SERVICE PRODUCE" this album for free to get peoples work out there and to learn as much as i could from producng as many various artists i could network with. I have been currently working with a few vocalist whom are very professional and have a solid sound. Also this album was recorded in adobe audition now im workin with a full pro tools set up for the start of this new year so you should see me evolve a lot with the next release. As far as the used beats Im like you i dont like artists using other peoples beats unless their tracked with a contract so i know their ligit.. and at this point in my life i dont even record a song if it dosent have physical proof of its creation. I enjoyed reading your review, wish i could have read a full one from you.