publishing/ copyright question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 11, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Ok i understand that you copyright all your recorded work witht the beat, but when you publish i heard you only publish songs that you is going to be played public?.. right now i'm writin jus really workin on a album but when it comes to down to publishing do you publish just that one single or the whole album?

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
nah thats just a myth....if you are releasing an album thats is going to get radio play you wanna publish all the songs not just the singles.....because what if somebody does a cover-song of one of your non-published cuts?.....you wont get paid.

but on the other hand if your album isnt getting radio play....you really dont have to worry about publishing

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
you get published by doing one of two things.....register with ascap or bmi as a songwriter then sign with a publisher.....or register with bmi or ascap, create your own publishing company and be a publisher/songwriter.

there are advantages and disadvantages to both.....if you sign with a publisher you have to spit the money 50/50 with the publisher, but the publisher may help you with things.....if you create you own company you may not know anything about publishing but you keep 100% of the profit.