PSP questions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 16, 2004
Just got a PSP. I got a question regarding memory cards, what should I get? 2GB or 4GB and is the high speed ones necessary? What's the pro on getting that? I intend to dl games off torrents and use it as another mp3 player.

Also, since movie/game files are over 500mb's, I suppose you can only put very few games and movies on your memory card? Or do you guys transfer the ones you need back and forth from your computer?

Thanks.

Jan 14, 2006
well you cant just start downloading and putting games on a memory stick on a psp..you have to have homebrew enabled and some games are about 1-2 gb but if you download .cso's then that means they are compressed and smaller than regular iso's or even smaller are the games that have been ripped of music and extra videos and stuff like that but if you want to put music id recommend a 4gb i have about 15 games and a lot of roms with emulators and about 20 albums so id suggest a 4gb if you wnt to double task

Feb 21, 2006
yea i need to kno also. whats the process of adding videos and old school games to your psp? so u download, convert, and drag to psp icon?? my psp is collecting dust and i wanna put more shit on it so can u help us out odracir?

Nov 16, 2004
Odracir said:
well you cant just start downloading and putting games on a memory stick on a psp..you have to have homebrew enabled and some games are about 1-2 gb but if you download .cso's then that means they are compressed and smaller than regular iso's or even smaller are the games that have been ripped of music and extra videos and stuff like that but if you want to put music id recommend a 4gb i have about 15 games and a lot of roms with emulators and about 20 albums so id suggest a 4gb if you wnt to double task
yeah I'm gonna go with the 4gb. I found out you can "shrink" the size of the videos and music files to maximize space in the memory stick.

Jan 14, 2006
to add videos you have to make a sub folder under the psp directory called "MP_ROOT" and drag them into the other sub folder inside that one..to get old school games such as mario and stuff you must have homebrew enabled which is risky because it can "brick" your psp but if its successful it is defnitely worth it...

once you have a 4 gb it kinda just wastes time if you shrink videos and music because if you shrink the size then that means there is some type of loss of quality and i just want my stuff to be on my psp right away so i just drag and drop it so i can have it portable but if you seriously think your files wont fit even with a 4gb then its probobly a good idea

Jan 14, 2006
you can download old school ROMs at http://coolrom.com there are also some emulators there so you can play the roms...yes you have to convert to mp4...a really easy to use on is 3gpConverter just google it or i use PSP Video Express. just google them and choose your favorite

Nov 16, 2004
Do any of you guys have 4GB MS pro duo that have games installed in them? I read that people are having problems running downloaded games from their 4gb MS whereas it works on their 1 or 2GB sticks.

Jan 14, 2006
i have a 4gb ms pro duo... it all depends on the properties of the game..it takes a while to read the game if its over about 1 and something gigabytes so it buffers when it reads it

Nov 16, 2004
Odracir said:
i have a 4gb ms pro duo... it all depends on the properties of the game..it takes a while to read the game if its over about 1 and something gigabytes so it buffers when it reads it
What brand do you got? I hear SanDisk is the best and only alternative to the Sony brand, and that any other off brands will not play iso files.

Aug 11, 2006
i have the sony 4gb.....and i have no problems playing iso and cso's.....i've read that scandisk ms are a little faster, but not by much....well actually i never really tried games over a gig...i will give it a try though, always wanted to check out madden on psp....

psp + 4gig is pretty much all you need

Nov 16, 2004
For sandisk there seems to be a lot of different 4gb pro duos. Anyone know the difference between a standard sandisk and the ones with translucent casing for gaming? Looked online for damn spec details but couldn't find nathin.

Nov 16, 2004
Shit, I just found out I have a 2.82 firmware, that means I can't downgrade to v1.5 firmware correct? Sucks, there's nothing I can do?

Sep 1, 2003
i haven't been on the psp scene for awhile....but u can upgrade to 3.01 or 3.03 i believe it is an then downgrade to 1.5 an use the custom firmware.....which i fuccs with....best fw to have on ur psp pretty much