PS3 Update - 2.40 Coming in June, What does it come with?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 8, 2007
PSU.com said:
Earlier this month we reported that trophies would be coming to the PlayStation 3 in the next system update, firmware 2.4. Recently other news outlets have been reporting similar tips, stating that not only will trophies be available, but full in-game XMB and use of custom in-game soundtracks.

According to Gaming-Age.com, PS3 users can expect such features as universal friends lists and in-game messaging. Also it's been confirmed that Sony already has a title with trophy support on the way. Sony's Official PlayStation website for upcoming Pixeljunk title, PixelJunk™ Eden, has been listed to support the new trophy system.
heres what XMB Ingame looks like

Jul 8, 2007
UPDATE!

PSU.com said:
-Sony is currently shifting through the PlayStation 3's library of games in order to see if the XMB is fully compatible or not. It is expected the new menu system, in-game messaging etc will function in all games, though the current black menu screen will likely be retained for the majority of titles.

-User music is only included in new development tools, which have only just been distributed to coders. Therefore, existing games won't utilize the feature unless they are patched to do so.

-The same applies to the new trophy system; developers have only just obtained the tools necessary to input the feature into their software, so it'll be a while until they show up in games.

-Some elements of the XMB won't be usable in-game until after the next firmware update, such as the photo viewer.

Jun 9, 2007
So when's this coming?

I hope it includes an update for use of custom soundtracks on any game... that's one reason I loved my original Xbox, because I could bump whatever tracks I wanted while playin most of my games..

Jul 8, 2007
trophies are like an award system. i dont really now to much about it. XMB is cross media bar which is what you see when your turn your ps3 on, and in game XMB just means you can access the bar during the game without having to quit. comes out the 10th