PS3 Modding

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 11, 2006
sup sicc i was wondering if i was to get my ps3 modded will it allow me to play other region blu ray movies? i tried googling it but couldnt find the answer i was looking for and i tried to contact people on craigslist that do modding but did not get a response so any info or help would greatly be appreciated thanks!

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Yea, ^^^^. Modding your PS3 would be the worst way to go about it.

DL HD rips would be cheapest.
2nd would be to buy a region free, or a blu-ray player from the region you want to watch your blu-ray.

Where is the flick from you're trying to watch? Blu-Rays have less region's than DVDs. For instant, DVD R1 is USA, R2 is Japan, and R3 is Hong Kong, however all are Region A when it comes to Blu-Rays.

Mar 11, 2006
i bought the Outsiders on blu ray from the UK and it is region B and im waiting on A Bronx Tale on blu ray which is also region B im a blu ray collector and alot of good flicks are on BD that is released in the UK and alot of them are not region free. the problem is i have went to best buy and frys and they do not have region free blu ray players but thanks for the input i'll do more research and see what else i can do

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
i bought the Outsiders on blu ray from the UK and it is region B and im waiting on A Bronx Tale on blu ray which is also region B im a blu ray collector and alot of good flicks are on BD that is released in the UK and alot of them are not region free. the problem is i have went to best buy and frys and they do not have region free blu ray players but thanks for the input i'll do more research and see what else i can do
Of course not. That's like going to gamestop and asking if they mod xboxes.