PS2 Breakdowns!?!?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

pAc0

Sicc OG
Feb 8, 2006
right now i'm on my 2nd ps2(it still works) and i'm about to go buy a used slim ps2. Reason being is that i bought 2 games(Midnight Club 3:Remix & God of War and they were both Greatest Hits titles)So when i went home i put them in and......nothing. The screen says "Read Error" or some shit like that and the game will not work at all on my system. So i thought maybe its the console that broke(again), so i pop in San Andreas & MGS3 and they both work! I pop in Midnite Club & GOW and nothing! I take it to my counsin's house and a friend's pad(they both got ps2 slims) and they worked fine on both their consoles. So i'm probably going to go on ebay or an open-air mall(aka swapmeats or fleamarkets) and look for a slim ps2. Have any of you experienced this problem w/ a Greatest Hits title? Is Sony gettin at my pockets again?

BTW how many of you are on your 2nd or 3rd ps2? i got a few buddies that are on their 2nd ps2. I dearly hope this problem doesn't pop up on the PS3, because replacing one in a year or two is like throwing money out the window.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
its all about maintainence....i hear about all these people that have gone through 3 ps2's and all this shit and i have had the same ps2 since day one of the ps2 launch.once in awhile i just take my shit apart,clean it out,clean the lens,maybe adjust the voltage in extreme cases and my shit has lasted this long. like smurf said,just google it,its not as complicated as it might seem,once you realize how easy it is and your ps2 starts working great again you will regret not doing it earlier,anybody can do it.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I live with 9 other kids, of the 10 of us, we've lost 7 playstations within a month. One got stolen. The rest broke. Then we bought a brand new game and the playstation destroyed the game because of the loading tray. Fuck Sony and their expensive ass pieces of shit. My 1985 NES still works. LETS GO WIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

Jan 2, 2004
I'm on my second PS2.. I had a first day launch PS2.. Then, I got a new one right before the slim ones came out..

My brother's on his second two.. He bought one a little after me, and he got a slim one, now.

Dec 29, 2005
yup i called Sony sent my PS2 in to them. A few weeks later i got it back and it was fixed. But a few months later it broke again so i jes bought the small version

May 18, 2006
im on my 2nd ps2, only cuz i upgraded it to a slim, but never had problems at all. not that it matters now tho, cuz i got my 360. barely play, only to break out gta once in a while.

Jul 6, 2002
SiccFucc said:
its all about maintainence....i hear about all these people that have gone through 3 ps2's and all this shit and i have had the same ps2 since day one of the ps2 launch.once in awhile i just take my shit apart,clean it out,clean the lens,maybe adjust the voltage in extreme cases and my shit has lasted this long. like smurf said,just google it,its not as complicated as it might seem,once you realize how easy it is and your ps2 starts working great again you will regret not doing it earlier,anybody can do it.

Thats the way to go maintenance..all u really need is a number 2 phillips head screw driver, and a small tiny phillips head like the one for glasses. flip your ps2 upside down and unscrew the screws which are like 10 i think and then pop the lid off and get your small phillips and take the other 3 or 4 cant remember off the lens cover and grab some rubbing alcohol and a q-tip and wipe the lens dry let it dry and put it back together and that should work..its happened to me like 2 times since ive had mine..just my .02

Jul 6, 2002
Doberman said:
My second PS2= 3Years Not a single problem. My first one grew wings in a fit of rage, hit the wall and met a tragic death.

Dude how many times have we told ITS NOT A GOOD IDEA TO POUR RED BULL INTO YOUR PS2.........grows wings after u do that LOL......but seriously OUCH!!

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Maintenance won't help a bad lens or a burnt out dvd drive.
I'm on my second as well and it's just fine. I hardly play it so maybe that has something to do with its great shape :)

Anyways, I'm selling my chipped PS2 with over 30 games if anyone is interested. As a bonus, I'll throw in an extra controller as well.
I still have the box for this thing, as well as the operation manual and all of the documentation you get when you first buy this thing.
Also you'll get the instructions on how to use the chip.
Just give me an offer or something....

Migg