Protecting ourselves from exploitation

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2004
I know that a lot of us here in the GOM forum have differing opinions but this is a topic that benefits us all. I don't want to sound like a doomsday announcer but I do believe that in the near future things will take radical changes. Be it an economic recession all the way to some NWO takeover--if thats what you believe.

The bottom line is that as individuals "in the know" we have the ability to protect ourselves and our interests. I have done some web searches but come up dry so I will pose the question to you all: How can we as individuals or a community protect ourselves from world events?

::BTW, I'm not talking about duct tape or gallons of water::

Allow me to start:

1. Draft-Just by being aware of the corruption in our government and the false reasons for invading other countries, I can avoid sacrificing my life for an unjust cause.

2. I usually eat organically so that I don't poison my body with conventional agriculture methods.

3. I stay in shape physically as well as mentally.

4. My money is invested in mutual funds, some national and some international. In other words, I pay professionals to make me money. If there is a recession, I would most likely benefit.

5. I own a weapon so that I could defend myself if need be.

6. I know survival techniques.

I'm sure I could think of more, but thats off the top of my head. Some aren't so remarkable and might sound silly (many are just hobbies) but they are still important.

Even the the world is probably going to shit, we as an intellectual community can protect ourselves.

::Very interested to see following posts::

Aug 15, 2003
Of the SENIC CITY
1.I have an I idea, don't single people out. We was taught the pledge of allegiance in school and it said united we stand and divided we fall. All I say in your community is to encourage one another to stick together no matter how different you are.

2.Another thing I was told is that the pen is stronger than the sword. Before you blast someone over something petty. Write us here at the siccness and we will help you void your problems out with some bullshit. other forms (incase say china blasts all the satalites out of the sky and there be no siccness) of writing include: music lyrics, F*** letters, poetry, essays whatever you feel you need to express yourself as.

3.Join a cause that you feel that will last and uphold anything that may happen between people, something just. Like you said vegetarians are cool and so is being an evironmentalist.

Having a plan is a good thing.

Nov 24, 2003
There is big difference between being prepared for an economic downturn and a total collapse. If you trust your mutual fund directors, it sounds like you are well prepared for a recession. The only other thing I would highly suggest is to try and pay off your debts, especially CCs.

If you are talking about a total collapse, I would recommend saving a couple Gs to buy gold bullion that you can have in your possession. I bought like 2gs when this shit was in the low 3s in 02. I didn't look at it from an investment standpoint though, more like something I would just keep around until I died regardless of the appreciation. Also have an escape plan to get the fuck out of the city because there are way too many people in cities to survive without the resources made possible by our current infrastructure.

Apr 25, 2002
Always TALK to someone in person. Don't depend on citations, letters, or automated messages to give you final say on whether or not you were right or wrong to park your car at that spot, pay your bill late, or receive a certain treatment at a hospital. If you receive a desicion you oppose that is not directly given to you verbally by the person in charge (even if it is I usually argue it) call the entity or show up in person and oppose the desicion. 95% of the time you can barter or have the desicion overruled just by giving a polite, respectful explanation of why the situation happened. EXAMPLE:

I get a $40 finance charge for paying my credit card bill two days late. I call the 800 number and say "operator" rather than just pressing 1 or 2 or whatever the fuck it is these days. I talk to a representative and tell them that due to ____ circumstance, I received my invoice from the company late; therefore, it took additional time to pay the invoice...and its only two days...and I'm a good customer....representative puts me on hold...takes off the finance charge...end of story.

If you talk to someone it isn't you vs. the company or you vs. the government; it's you explaining to another human person why you feel the desicion you received is unfair. This puts more empathy into the mind of the desicion maker and often gets you better results.