Promoting my photowebsite

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
If I had something to say it would be about the start page, it made me pause before I clicked the link.

You have great pictures so why not choose a couple of good pics from different albums and place them in a non structure (different sizes) all over the start page, maybe a black overlay with its opacity set low and photos in black and white, use a bolder font, maybe a background color for the text, just something more interesting and that reflects your awesome work. This way you catch a customers interest right away. Also could make a script that takes the user to the site automatically after 12-30 seconds (still keep the link), that way I think there is a higher percentage that they check more of your albums.

Last edited:
Props: iaoish
May 14, 2002
If I had something to say it would be about the start page, it made me pause before I clicked the link.

You have great pictures so why not choose a couple of good pics from different albums and place them in a non structure (different sizes) all over the start page, maybe a black overlay with its opacity set low and photos in black and white, use a bolder font, maybe a background color for the text, just something more interesting and that reflects your awesome work. This way you catch a customers interest right away.
Thanks for the comment man, I like the idea of the start page I'll see if I can work on something this weekend.
This is also why I posted this link here because I know little to nothing about web pages.

Also could make a script that takes the user to the site automatically after 12-30 seconds (still keep the link), that way I think there is a higher percentage that they check more of your albums.
It took a while for me to figure out what this meant, but again I like the idea.
Could this be done in a standard ccs script you think?

Oct 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
It took a while for me to figure out what this meant, but again I like the idea.
Could this be done in a standard ccs script you think?
Not with css but with basic javascript, you can use the code below. I created a .html file so you could check it, download here

Code:
window.setTimeout(function() {
	window.location.href = 'http://www.siccness.net';
}, 3000); //time is set in milliseconds

Props: S.SAVAGE
May 14, 2002
I messed around with the index site. I am not sure if I am 100% happy with the end result.
I like the idea but I just grabbed a bunch of random photos without thinking it thoroughly through.

I'm not sure if I can implement that javascript though. I build the website mainly from templates. There is some room to adjust ccs scripts but I have no clue what those are though.

Oct 8, 2005
www.myspace.com
I messed around with the index site. I am not sure if I am 100% happy with the end result.
Personally I like the outcome. You did a good job with laying it out, looks right.

I like the idea but I just grabbed a bunch of random photos without thinking it thoroughly through.
If you decide to go with it you could take your time to choose the right images.

I'm not sure if I can implement that javascript though. I build the website mainly from templates. There is some room to adjust ccs scripts but I have no clue what those are though.
My guess its some kind of php right? if you got access to the files, look for a file called footer, you can edit the file in any simple text editor, at the bottom of that you can place this script, save it

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
   window.setTimeout(function() {
	window.location.href = 'http://www.siccness.net';
   }, 3000); //time is set in milliseconds
</script>

Last edited:
May 14, 2002
Thanks a lot man!

It's probably php but I don't think I have the option to edit it myself.
The automatic link is a good idea I can send the guys an email about it, they are pretty cool and quick to respond.

Dec 11, 2005
Lookin good, looks like you had a great time, I've been to some of those places you were at. Like Chiangmai.

Got a suggestion and a request.

Suggestion: when it goes to the actual photos the scrolling is a tad sensitive, can go from left to right too quick.

Request: Do u do artist photo shoots or just scenery? And if so, how much? Please PM me or email me at Tommy_Jia08[USER=23184]@hot[/USER]mail.com thanks!

May 14, 2002
Lookin good, looks like you had a great time, I've been to some of those places you were at. Like Chiangmai.

Got a suggestion and a request.

Suggestion: when it goes to the actual photos the scrolling is a tad sensitive, can go from left to right too quick.

Request: Do u do artist photo shoots or just scenery? And if so, how much? Please PM me or email me at Tommy_Jia08[USER=23184]@hot[/USER]mail.com thanks!

Thanks man! Yeah a trip like that is definitely worth going back a few times.

Thanks for the suggestion, I work with a trackpad on my computer I might have to adjust the page so that scrolling becomes easier for people without trackpads and stuff.

I would love to do a artist shoot, but I think there is too much geographical distance between us for it to be practical. I live in Europe. If you can pay my travel costs, I can make you a cheap deal on the photoshoot lol