Promo Stories thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 18, 2006
I want to create this thread to give people a space to share their experience of promoting Everready on the streets in their home town. Please, please, please no flaming or nonsense.

I live in Boise Idaho, and I just got my box of 200 promo CD's this morning. I immediately threw on my coat and hit the streets. I drove about two blocks from my house past the high school and it happened to be (off campus) lunch hour, and all the kids were walkin across the street for some grub. I spotted two cats that looked like they might be down with strange, and they were! They already knew about Tech, but weren't aware of the Nov. 7 launch, so I gave them a bout 20 CDs to give to they homies back at school. Next, I made my way to a local independent record store called the "Record Exchange" they've got a rack by the front door for promo type ish, and the clerk also took a stack behind the counter to give to anyone who purchased a hip hop CD. I went to the mall next, gave like 5 to my homie that works at EBgames, then put like 10 in the "free stuff" bin at Hot Topic.
Now, the best part, I saw this skinny white kid (no older than 17)walkn thru the mall with a GANG of fine bitches man. I thought to myself, shouldn't you kids be in school on a Monday afternoon? Anyway, I got on the escalator behind 'em, Dude was at the back of tha pack, and I said to him "You keepin these biancs in check, playa?" He didn't understand me and said, "What? bounce a check?" and I said,"I know your a playa, here's somethin for them beatrices of yours to shake they asses to." then I moseyed off singing Biancas and Beatrice's.
On my drive home I saw this mentally challenged dude named Wesley that walkes to the record store with his headphones on every single day to buy a new rap CD. I was surprised when he told me he had never heard of Tech N9ne, but I quickly informed him that that he is the greatest rapper on the planet, and he needs to pick up the CD on November seventh.
And thats the end of my cloudy eyed stroll for today. I hope I get the vinyl and posters by the end of the week so I can promote at the rave this Friday.

Aug 31, 2006
Still waitin for my shit to come in, I talked with shawn late last week and I should be getting my promo stuff sometime this week. I live in the dorms so I think Im gonna go around late one night and put a poster and sampler on each door.