Progressive Bands

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Coheed & Cambria, Porcupine Tree, King Crimson...

I've got Joey Eppard's (singer from 3) solo album and a recording from the soundboard of a live show he did that's insane, if you want me to upload those

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
First of all...German Krautrock is really progressive (especially for it's time) and a must to check out. Probably my favorite of any of the progressive movements came from there. Check out Can (one of my favorites), Neu!, Faust, Ash Ra Tempel (another fav of mine), Amon Düül II, Popol Vuh... fuck, I could go on forever.

I'm too tired to really think of more/different ones right now. That should keep you busy for a few. Progressive is one of those really vague words though, could mean a lot of things and different sounds/styles.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
I have been listening to Evergrey from sweden lately. Dark progressive metal.Pretty good stuff.

Might be a little too dark considering what you listen to though

BEAR

Sicc OG
Dec 15, 2007
Coheed & Cambria, Porcupine Tree, King Crimson...

I've got Joey Eppard's (singer from 3) solo album and a recording from the soundboard of a live show he did that's insane, if you want me to upload those
That would be great man.

I have been listening to Evergrey from sweden lately. Dark progressive metal.Pretty good stuff.

Might be a little too dark considering what you listen to though
You made it really enticing with the last comment. Definitely liked it.
Thanks for the help guys.

May 15, 2002
^^you really think Kill Em All is progressive?

Anyhow...

Marcel Coenen - He does some shredding, some hard rock, some metal.

Subterranean Masquerade - jazzy and psychedelic

Feb 7, 2006
check out all the krautrock stuff nuttkase recommended...that's wht i would suggest not so mush the rush, dream theater math rock stuff

May 9, 2002
Progressive just means that the music doesnt follow the usual song structure of verse/chorus. Many prog bands will have long sections of only instruments and no vocals.

There are sub-genre's of progressive, such as art rock, prog rock/metal, and math rock.

Concept albums are usually looked at as progressive music: Pink Floyd has done this numerous times.

Sep 17, 2006
^^you really think Kill Em All is progressive?

Anyhow...

Marcel Coenen - He does some shredding, some hard rock, some metal.

Subterranean Masquerade - jazzy and psychedelic
I guess not Kill em All but it showed some signs lol. I also forgot to mention Zeppelin and the new Mastadon hints at prog metal too.

Apr 25, 2002
I've been on a long Pink Floyd binge lately. I slept on them for a long time and now I fuckin' dig their shit. God damn, David Gilmour is the shit on Guitar (and Vocals)........