problems with CS3 Extended

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 25, 2004
www.metalmouthproductions.com
its like that while working on 300dpi cmyk ..
i always do everything in 300 dpi..
pretty much doin a tray for cd and placing different covers for "coming soon" or "out now" etc..
the covers im placing are the og files ones cuz im the one who designed them (4.75 x 4.75 300dpi cmyk)

this is another example,
the one circled in red is how it should look like

Mar 25, 2004
its like that when working on it, i haven't sent to print cuz the last thing i want is hundreds of cds with artwork distorted,

i know all about save as for web setting the quality to maximum and all that to post on here, but the weird thing bout it is my old work looks fine even when i zoom in, now when i have sumthing originally 16x20 in and paste on the 5x5 in and scale down(not too small bout 1in) the images get pixelated instead of it getting a slight blur..

edit

actually ther was couple diff ones printed fine and the on screen previews on my comp were fine too but now when i open them (the ones that got printed) now are pixelated and aint sharp as before

Jan 30, 2004
so after you size it down it gets pixelated right? i noticed in your "image size" window, you got the pulldown menu set to "nearest neighbor" which is good for certain things but you should set it to "bicubic" which will anti-alias the edges to keep it lookin smooth. hope that helps

C

CcytzO_Loc

i only see pixelation when viewing at a funny percentage....usually when its at 100, 50, or 25 % its ok but when i accidently hit the mouse wheel and it scrolls into the sizing and ends up at like 66% or some odd number it looks pixelated....

you aint got a regular printer????you can print one out to see if it looks coo....even if its just blacc n white you can still tell if it will be pixelated or not.....

C

CcytzO_Loc

now that i look at your screenshot it says 200%....go to view then hit actual pixels and that should put it at 100%....if its not pixelated at 100% then your good...it will always look pixelated when you zoom in past 100%....

Mar 25, 2004
yea i did view at actual pixels and hit zoom once, u can tell the difference between the circled part from the other..
the circled one still looks smooth while the other doesnt and both are on the same document.
if it was the problem with zooming in then the circled one should be lookin same too..

i did get some flyers back and was not as crisp as all previous flyers ive done before..

Mar 25, 2004
^^ thats an actual "screen shot" and after i saved as for web with quality max jpg with bicubic smoother but that shouldnt matter cuz its messed up before i even "save as" as u can see in the screen shot

edit.
ur talkin bout reducing the image size of cd cover before pasting into the document right ?
i actually flatten the cd cover art still at 4.75x4.75 300 dpi then drag over to the new document and free transform it down.

also ive tried resizing my cover BEFORE dragging and dropping..
also i tried flattening after i resize it AND tried before