PRO Football Playaz

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 18, 2002
Knowing people in the NFL ain't gonna help you any.....no such thing as try-outs in this league so make some big noise in whatever league you chose and maybe they might hear your name come up. I've seen plenty of big name college players w/ heavy credentials reduced to tears because Football is a business when you get to this level but I've also seen guys come in w/ no fan fair and win a spot by outworking the compitetion. Kassim & Sammy are folks of mine to but unfortunately they can't help you any.

Wilson Trojans got nothing on my Generals......lol.

May 10, 2002
I didn't say knowing people in the NFL (or NBA or any other league) would make a difference in somebody making it... but they have more pull in entertainment than the average person cuz that's their profession, so it would be a lot easier for Chris Webber to turn in a demo tape to somebody than your average rapper, or get you into the club to holler at somebody... put it this way: it may not help at all, but it couldn't hurt.

Obviously all entertainment is business, and even if I know Russell Simmons closely, he may or may not want to fuck with me on a business level.. that's plain and simple..

Do you work for the Chargers? How do you know them?..

Aug 18, 2002
ChopShop.....

My mistake.....I read your post too fast. I wish footballstar all the luck but I was just playing a lil devils advocate....didn't mean to sound like a dick. Hopefully it only helps him work harder. I do work for them.

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
DubbC415 said:
i had always wondered what Drew Gooden listened to cuz i think he went to El Cerrito, hes from the bay anyway
I always wondered that too when he was here in Lawrence but I never got a chance to ask him

Jar

Sicc OG
May 22, 2002
I saw him at a store around October 2001 and I pulled up next to him in the parking lot and he was leaving and I think he bought whichever new DMX cd that came out around that time. I remember I was listening to Riderlife-Neva Look Back when I saw him that time.

May 10, 2002
L-wood - It's all good... Did you go to Kassim's party at the E-Street alley?.. I was up in that place and it was crackin (although it was hard to get at all the dimes cuz they were all over the Chargers' jocks)

B

Blackjack 1577

Tyson Chandler is a big E-40 and C-bo fan. If you check out his profile at nba.com he lists them as his favorite artists.

Aug 18, 2002
ChopShop said:
L-wood - It's all good... Did you go to Kassim's party at the E-Street alley?.. I was up in that place and it was crackin (although it was hard to get at all the dimes cuz they were all over the Chargers' jocks)
Nah....I missed it. Wasn't it around New Year's? I left town for a minute after our last home game.

Aug 18, 2002
I talked to Kasim the other day. Are you Grant? You go to SDSU and live up the street from our offices at La Mirage near Sammie? I gotta check your music out.

Aug 18, 2002
Just was on your site.....very clean. The music is all around slappin. Defintely got that SD sound. This your first CD release? I'll find a way to pick up a copy in the near future.

May 10, 2002
Yep that's me homie.. glad you're feelin the music. It is my 1st release and I'm trying to do more clubs/shows and promote it, but there's a good buzz goin' around about it, especially at SDSU (where I go).

Tell Kassim to hit me up and ask him if Sammy gave him a cd yet. If you can't get ahold of a copy, ask Sammy and he'll be able to get you one. Thanks for the feedback...