Primer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 17, 2006
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/

At night and on weekends, four men in a suburban garage have built a cottage industry of error-checking devices. But, they know that there is something more. There is some idea, some mechanism, some accidental side effect that is standing between them and a pure leap of innovation. And so, through trial and error they are building the device that is missing most. However, two of these men find the device and immediately realize that it is too valuable to market. The limit of their trust in each other is strained when they are faced with the question, If you always want what you can't have, what do you want when you can have anything?

There are mixed reviews on this movie, I have experience people hating it and loving it. I thought it was a quality scifi movie.. and for a runtime of 1 hour 15 minutes.

Jun 9, 2007
watched it once, was meaning to watch it again but forgot all about it..

if I remember right one of the reasons it's so short is that you really -need- to watch it more than once to fully comprehend everything going on... usually I can't stand movies like that (except Mulholland Drive, which was great every time)... but this one was good the first time & I'll watch it again in the next few days now that you mentioned it.

Feb 17, 2006
Good to see people have seen this. I was surprised by one guy, Shane Carruth, directing, producing, acting, managing sound, casting this movie. Also the fact it had a $7,000 budget.

May 27, 2009
This movie was the shit. One of my favorites. It's one of the few time travel movies that seems like it could possibly happen. I recommend this to everyone who likes good indys.

According to the DVD commentary, this is due to their extremely low budget which did not allow them to "waste" film. Carruth notes that a total of 80 minutes of footage was shot; the final film is 78 minutes.