Prices for beats in the NW

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 10, 2006
depnds really...some dudes will plug you if they never had anything on an actual cd that was sold on the shelf....but either way... the way to buy beats is in bulk...if a dude got knocks and has some beats out there as in locally on the map 100 cuts a slap is the business.....if you can get em cheaper you a boss!!

Apr 7, 2004
I charge $300 to $500. A lot of people wont pay that but I feel thats what my beats are worth and I wont come down or else I feel you as an artist or working under my label.

Apr 7, 2004
I charge $300 to $500. A lot of people wont pay that but I feel thats what my beats are worth and I wont come down or else I feel you as an artist or working under my label.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
THIZZn253 said:
do you have a website localstar and nonstop
I think everything Nonstop fucks with is all his own heat so you can check out his production by just checking out his album:

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/nonstop

Or more recent music on his myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/mystahnonstop

Dudes got fire for real, one of the most polished producers in the West.

Localstar: You got a website or any tracks we can check out?

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
300-500 is the norm for some of the top producers in the region. I've heard FunkDaddy beats being sold at around $500, and that is a man that has produced on a countless number of albums, including Gold & Platinum ones. Big Squeeze I believe was around $250-300 a while back, and he has been putting in work for over a decade now. Jonathan C, same thing.

Beware anyone charging over $500, or even over a few hundred really. Fuck what they THINK about their beats, and all that slick talk shit that is going to come out of their mouth; the beats are what you MAKE of them. They can CHARGE 400 or or 700 or whatever all they want, but if the artists aren't buying their beats AND PUTTING THEM ON ALBUMS THAT ARE BEING SOLD, then they aren't worth a damn thing.

Feb 4, 2004
250-500 is about right. But I wouldn't spend that much unless you do your homework on the producer themselves. There are only a couple of cats out this way that can charge over that per track right now. My advise to you is listen to thier stuff and look at the track record. If it doesn't add up then don't spend the dough.

Apr 28, 2005
yeah a lot of these producers is chargin way too much with no track record.........I mean convince me how i'm a make $500 off of your beat and we can talk........but I can't knock the hustle get ya money mayn.........

Aug 27, 2002
www.felonyhits.com
300-500 is the norm for some of the top producers in the region. I've heard FunkDaddy beats being sold at around $500, and that is a man that has produced on a countless number of albums, including Gold & Platinum ones. Big Squeeze I believe was around $250-300 a while back, and he has been putting in work for over a decade now. Jonathan C, same thing.

Yep go check some of Jonathan C,s heat at this link right here and hit me i can hook you up with him,
http://www.myspace.com/muzikboxx

Apr 7, 2004
I dont need to be no top producer to charge 300 to 500 for a beat. I make my beats in yah face custom and we work on it together as a team. A lot of cats come at me with $100 or $200 but if I know and feel that beat can go some where with the right promotion im not coming of it for cheap and that localstar stan. If you wonna hear some beats fam just pm me. I make a lot of radio bangers if you wont some old 1994,96 era I can make that to and sale it for 50 bucks. Im up to date so the bread gotta be too.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
^^ You can charge whatever you want. But don't be suprised if people from OUTSIDE of YOUR CITY, or people that don't work at McDonalds or Burger King and don't know any better, chuckle at you and think its a funny joke when you tell them your prices.

No experienced rapper is going to pay you your $300-500 when they can go get a Big Squeeze, FunkDaddy, Torrie Ward, Jonathan C, etc. beat for the same price. That's not me sayting that, that is just the way the game goes.

Now, if your $300-500 INCLUDES recording the song, then what we are both saying needs to be re-worded. Some producers include studio time/mixing in their prices.

Apr 7, 2004
A fam(Dirty Shoez) you right a lot of people have looked at me like im krazy. It dont bother me im an mc/C.E.O of an up and coming record label in my eyes is the best thing coming. My artist are hot and I would rather let them get the beat for free. Funk daddy,Big squeeze,Torrie Ward,Jonathan C are coo producers and all but they haven't produced nothing for nobody on a major label in a while. I might be wrong who knows. Just cause they been in the game for a minite dont make them better,a hit beat is a hit beat. If you gotta well known producer with this okay beat and a hot new producer with this fire ass beat in your head you going be thinking you wont the fire ass beat. I know I wouldn't by no beat that was okay from a known producer just cause they them. I work on the top notch equipment and I didnt pay all that money for it to be giving beats away for 100 bucks feel me.

Anybody out there that wonts high quality beats get at me. I make them fresh in yah face all day. If you wont beats I already have made and are just sitting around I will charge you $150 maybe even less.

Also im putting out intrumental mixtapes starting in August called
One mo beat intrumental mixtapes.

Areas Portland area,Seattle area,Tacoma area,and Alaska.
Mixtapes I put out in the future will also be available threw the net
keep yah eyes open!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 4, 2004
while I commend your drive for being on the grind as a local producer I have to disagree with you on the name point of things. I have seen it on some occasions (not locally) where people buy albums simply because it has a hot producer on it.

Bottom line if the producer doesn't have a name in the game I personally wouldn't spend cash on a beat from him. I would how ever work out other ways to help thier party/ organiztion or business get recognition and a foot in the door industry wise. I would hope that if you are (and I believe you are) a quality producer that you could make a beat infront of somebody if not cater and or reorganize your beat to that artist, especially if they were spending those kind of chips (250-500$). But that's my 2 cents.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
localstar907 said:
I work on the top notch equipment and I didnt pay all that money for it to be giving beats away for 100 bucks feel me.
No disrespect, but that sounds like a personal problem. You should reward yourself with new equipment for having sold the beats.....not reward yourself first, and then make other artists pay for it.

Apr 7, 2004
If you can afford it buy it!! and aint no personal problems over my way fam. Im a eat no matter what.

I aint teliing not body by my shit. In the future or when ever some one come across me and ask for a beat thats what im charging. I started with bullshit and when I had bullshit I was saling my beats for 50 bucks. Now im fucking with good shit. High quality sounds custom drums,and sounds now I need that good eat not that fast food feel me.

Oct 28, 2005
www.myspace.com
I'm just letting you know. What you're doing now is the equivalent of running out and buying a brand new BMW, and then going to your boss and telling him you want a huge raise.....instead of him giving you the huge raise, and THEN you going out and buying the nice car.

If people want to pay hundreds for beats, then by all means--take them to the poor house. Have them spending so much on your beats that they can barely afford to put their album out.

But recognize that people love to get revenge. If you quote an above-average rapper $200 for a beat, and then turn around and give an artist on your label free beats when that artist is clearly NOWHERE NEAR the rapper you just quoted.......don't expect him to come knocking when that dough starts coming in.