Presonus studio one and maschine

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
Anybody using both, together? Jus bought both and I'm having trouble recording midi from maschine into studio one. Searched the Internet but couldn't find anything. Spoke to a person at guitar center and they said the only way is to sequence thru maschine and drag the pattern to studio one, which I don't wanna do. I wanna record into studio one from maschine in real time jus for my drums. Thinkin bout jus sayin f studio one and gettin protools to do my sequencing.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
maschine kinda works like rewire when using it in other host DAW programs where you need to set up aux tracks in your host and you get the audio. The configuration is kind of a pain in the ass just to do that and i felt pretty limited. With the use of the scenes in maschine bouncing back to a linear setup of a DAW Id assume it would be buggy. Maschine does have midi out though, that could help your cause.

I typically use it standalone then drag and drop the audio into Logic to do final mixing or save the maschine project in individual tracks and mix in logic or whatever daw. IMO maschine isn't that great when using it as a plugin, if someone has better experiences with it please let us all know and post videos. Even in the instructional videos with NI they hardly touch on using it as a plugin, I think they know its one of their major down points fofr this workstation.

I wish they would tweak the maschine software to a little work more like a DAW for recording vocal tracks so one could lay down some good groundwork for tracks within maschine to later on do final touches in ones DAW of choice.

Apr 26, 2002
Aye ghp, have u updated maschine to 1.7 yet? Did it las night and now it records midi and audio and midi from maschine. I done had like 4 ppl lookin into this shit for tha las week. An engineer, a native instrument rep, guitar center rep, my boy who has studio one and no one could figure that shit out. Jus a simple update! Haha. Got over that mountain now gotta learn this shit. All this shit is a learning curve to me. Both are fairly new to the scene. Jus got a MacBook pro and I'm used to windows pc so that's another one I gotta get used to. Anyways, see if u got that update, might solve some problems.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i didn't get the 1.7 update yet because all i heard is it has good integration with komplete 8 and i dont have that. I'd have to get an external HD to house that big ass sound bank. I'll probably get it soon anyways

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
I was hoping they would add time stretch into the latest update and maybe a linear song mode for recording vocals since they already have pattern and step recording modes. To me the more of an all in one package it is the more appealing it will be to people

Apr 26, 2006
Studio One is so fucking clean. I just downloaded the latest version, but I can't get any sound to come out when I push the keys on my Axiom49 USB Midi controller. Fucking wierd and is pissing me off. The levels move like sound should be coming out, but it isn't. My ASIO soundcard is working too because I can manually paint in notes and hear them. WTF?

I have Windows7 and I've tried both 32bit and 64bit versions. Same shit. My controller works with FL Studio, so I don't know the problem.