post-Carter chart bounce?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Wanna take bets on how much Tech's sales jump next week?

I bet it's at least 10 places and I wouldn't be surprised if it were 20-25.

Currently at 138 on Billboard (down from 130 the week before) and he's been dropping since release, although much more slowly than in the past. Week to week I doubt he's had an increase in sales, but I bet this week and next will both be higher than last week.

Discuss (both the topic and irrelevancy of the topic...or just the former)

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
I don't think the sales will seem as large as the chart increase.

Once you get that low on the charts, a small blip in sales can mean a huge move in chart spaces. The #200 album and #100 album are usually only separated by about 2000 units so an increase in sales of 500 albums can make you jump 20-30 spots.

Dec 25, 2003
Yeah, Lil Wayne fans dont seem like the type that would support Tech N9ne
Thats correct!! Honestly, in my town, everywhere I go all I hear is ppl braggin & bumpin Lil Wayne even his new one & hardly anyone braggin & bumpin Tech... Its way too outrageous; I couldnt believe all the hype hes gettin...... Humans are livestock man like damn... Next up possibly The Detox if it does ever come out???......

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
I agree with the increased downloading and probably more peeps searching for tour dates to check out, but I also believe Tech may indeed experience a very slight increase in sales. Honestly I didn't know dude was still on the Billboard 200 so that's encouraging. The fact that his album's still fairly new, along with the fact that Wayne's on it, may be attractive points for some of these folks.

May 7, 2008
i think he will get a low amount of sales from the wayne hype but as everyone keeps saying most of those new fans will just download/youtube songs up.. But if they enjoy hiphop and there open to new things im sure some of them will be blown away by there "illegal" mp3s and buy buy a cd or two.

I didnt think the track on waynez cd showed tech at his best to be honest so i dont think he will get large amount of attention from it.. I think Fuck Food was better and will probably be the track those waynes fan finds :p

The best thing about his name being splashed out to the wayne fans is theyll keep an eye on him now..if tech does the right thing on his next cds itll be way easier for him to gain there sales now they know his name..

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
yeah, um...he dropped from 136 on the chart to 160 this past week. #predictionfail

ah well. perhaps there will be a bump this week? last week any new listeners would have come from people who downloaded the link. this week there will be about NINE HUNDRED THOUSAND people hearing his verse, many of whom have probably never heard anything by him before.

so...i revise my original assertion and call for a slight chart bounce in NEXT weeks results. :D

Sep 30, 2002
i think he will get a low amount of sales from the wayne hype but as everyone keeps saying most of those new fans will just download/youtube songs up.. But if they enjoy hiphop and there open to new things im sure some of them will be blown away by there "illegal" mp3s and buy buy a cd or two.

I didnt think the track on waynez cd showed tech at his best to be honest so i dont think he will get large amount of attention from it.. I think Fuck Food was better and will probably be the track those waynes fan finds :p

The best thing about his name being splashed out to the wayne fans is theyll keep an eye on him now..if tech does the right thing on his next cds itll be way easier for him to gain there sales now they know his name..
You godddamn fucking idiot.

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
"With a high-profile appearance on Tha Carter IV, Tech N9ne's All 6's & 7's got a 14-spot bump from being in stores. The album, which features B.o.B, Kendrick Lamar and Yelawolf - as well as Wayne, is approaching 150,000 units sold."

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.16768/title.hip-hop-album-sales-the-week-ending-9-4-2011

That's close to a bump of 1,000 sales, the such bump he's seen since June.

Last week's #predictionfail becomes this week's #predictionwin

#redemption :)

Mar 3, 2003
www.facebook.com
Hope more folks are possessed to buy A6&7 during the next few weeks. Really would help if they can get WWC or whatever video made and put out there to help maintain sells. Would be interesting to actually see the album still on the 200 charts at the same time the collabos drops in November.