Portishead live

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
Anyone ever seen them live?
If so, how was it?
I have the chance to see them live in Cologne, but I'm not sure whether to go or not because the tickets are like 50$ and that's a lot of money for me right now, because i got so much shit to pay for.
I've already missed The Four Tops and The Temptations due to money issues when they were in Germany and i don't think i can let this happen again.

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
^good lookin.
I think i will go eventually, cause you never know when they go back on tour or if they will tour at all again.
BTW i checked out Denali and i can dig em, but i don't think they come close to Portishead on a musical basis, i'm not talking about singing/lyrics, just the vibe that comes with the instruments. Any suggestions for other Trip Hop like that ? i know they never considered themselves Trip Hop, but i don't know what else you could call them. The stuff im lookin for doesnt even have to have lyrics/singing in them, just a similar Portishead instrumental type sound ?! They might be too unique, but there must be something similar ?!

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I'd definitely shell out $50 for them and I'm dumbass broke.....I spent $50 on a Radiohead show and it was worth it (except that my potna took his sweet ass time and we showed up dumbass late)

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
the first time I heard of portishead was when they performed on saturday night live and I was hooked ever since....I know that performance is a little different then going to an actual live show, but it was still good