Poems Not Fit For the White House

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 18, 2002
Laura Bush had invited poets, including Sam Hamill to attend a White House reading in honor of Walt Whitman and Langston Hughes. When it became clear that some poets would read anti-war poems, the event was cancelled. Poems Not Fit For The White House is a response.

Introduction by Andre Gregory. Readings by Sam Hamill, Saul Williams, Marie Howe, Mos Def, Ann Lauterbach, Arthur Miller, Sapphire, Anne Waldman, Ellen McLaughlin, Martin Espada, Sharon Olds, Kathleen Chalfant, Stanley Kunitz, Suheir Hammad, Ammiel Alcalay, Lee Ann Brown, Willie Perdomo, Eli Wallack, Steve Coleman.

http://www.freespeech.org/fscm2/ram...15/6/1/16162_media_files_media_6120_stream.rm

Real Media Stream.

Atleast watch Saul Williams perform, even if you don't usually like poetry.

Apr 25, 2002
Hell no,

If i was president i'd be damned if i let any of them in, not due to subject matter alone, but because they SUCK.

Poetry is wack! Especially that annoying spoken word slam poetry shit.

Dec 18, 2002
ColdBlooded said:
Hell no,

If i was president i'd be damned if i let any of them in, not due to subject matter alone, but because they SUCK.

Poetry is wack! Especially that annoying spoken word slam poetry shit.
How is poetry wack exactly?

And they suck?

These are poet laureates, nobel prize winners, and world famous spoken word artists.

YOU SUCK!

Jun 10, 2005
yeah i don't see how slam poetry is whack
I love that shit I watch def poetry every chance i get.

I do find the situation funny though....but not surprising