Plz Help: Client Dialog.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BO

Sicc OG
Jul 27, 2004
  • BO

BO

Hello all, I need your advice.

I have been doing graphic design for awhile a few things here and there nothing that official. Recently I did a cover for a friend and it was pretty widely distributed. Now his producer would like me to design a cover for and artist who is comming out soon. If this goes well I could probly do the GD for his upcomming projects. Now this is where I need your help.

How do you guys/gals handle working with a client?
Do sit down get to know the project or artist.

Do you offer a few concepts for the client?

Do you charge half after the approvel of the first draft?

If any of yall have time can you walk me through you process just so I can get a general idea. Usaully Its just friends and I kinda just BS the process do a bunch if touch ups. This is a profesional and I want to be a as organized and efficient as possible. The work will speak but it's the procedure interaction with client I'm concerned about. Please help.

Apr 9, 2005
www.myspace.com
i charge 1/2 price up front... i dont even touch my computer until ive been paid 1/2 (been screwed over too many times). then i submit the artwork to the client for approval, make any necessary changes, etc. and once they give approval, i charge the other 1/2 and send them the high-res files.

BO

Sicc OG
Jul 27, 2004
  • BO

BO

Thanks that's what I was looking for. So you send them low res examples nice. Thanks for the game.