Play-N-Skilz in the 707

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
Santa Rosa
who all went to this thing thrown by 98.7 at some place called el club or something like that....shit was whack and wasnt even packed...i felt sorry for dudes and they probably thinkin the northbay 707 dont know how to get down....what you guys think about whether you were there or not

May 21, 2002
Santa Rosa
well im feelin play n skillz they know how to make some beats so i showed up...and as far as wha they think i dont give a shit either, but on another note maybe everyone knows 98.7 aint throwin nothin....dudes on the radio said get there early lol made it sound like it was the even of the nite

Dec 14, 2003
The Problem is nobody is goin out in the northbay anymore like they used to, and nobody supports anybody elses parties. The Radio didn't really push it at all, and the promotors didn't really go balls out or else every 18 year old from P-Town to windsor would have been there. The DJs were mixxin cool and Playn Skills held up their part of the deal which is always a plus. I just think the 707 is not crackin like it used to be.

Oct 10, 2004
the problem isnt that the north bays not crackin the problem is people book shows for cats no one gives a rats ass about if that show was a bay artist garunteed it woudve been packed

May 20, 2002
I agree...the North bay isn't the most supportive bunch of folks....unless Andre Nickatina or Mac Dre is involved the majority of fans out here don't support.....
In my younger years I could care less who was playin or djing or dancing....I went for two reasons...let loose and get some pussy!

I guess guys are to cool for that now days....they rather look cool at the club and jerk off when they get home!

Dec 14, 2003
"the problem isnt that the north bays not crackin the problem is people book shows for cats no one gives a rats ass about if that show was a bay artist garunteed it woudve been packed"

Naw homie we brought Laroo, Keak, and Jacka and the Mob out here and it was the same shit - very little support from the people. Either we all suck as promotors or shit just ain't how it used to be. I wouldn't even wanna throw a party right now until things pick back up.

Jun 26, 2004
THIS IS A FORUM FOR DIFFERENT PEPOLES OPINION DONT TAKE IT TO PERSONAL

IM AFRAID TO SAY SOMETHING CAUSE LAST TIME SOME PEPOLE GOT MAD BUT LETS JUST GO WITH THE TRUTH YOU NEED GOOD DJ'S AND A BETTER GROUP THAN PLAYA N SKILLZ COME ON THEY HAVE HAD A HIT SONG LIKE 6 MONTHS AGO AND FOR TWO TRIMZ AND E20 GET OUT OF HERE AND THE PROBLEM WITH SANTA ROSA IS EVERYONE HATES ON EVERYONE AND EVERYONES IS A PROMOTER AND EVERYONE I MEAN EVERYONE IS A RAPPER THERE IS TO MANY IDIOTS DOING MUSIC OUT HERE REINVENT THE AREA STOP DOING THE SAME SHOWS AT THE SAME PLACE SAME KIND OF PROMOTION AND ONE LAST THOUGHT AND NO DISRESPECT INTENDED STOP FUC*KING WITH GAY ASS HOT 98.7 I WISH THEY WOULD JUST DISSAPEAR ITS THE WEAKEST STATION IN THE WORLD STREET BEATS IS TIGHT BUT THE EVERYTHING ELSE IS WACK

ONE LAST THOUGHT
WHY ARENT YOU CRYING LIKE LAST TIME DJ AMEN

Apr 1, 2002
dj 2nv said:
I agree...the North bay isn't the most supportive bunch of folks....unless Andre Nickatina or Mac Dre is involved the majority of fans out here don't support.....
In my younger years I could care less who was playin or djing or dancing....I went for two reasons...let loose and get some pussy!

I guess guys are to cool for that now days....they rather look cool at the club and jerk off when they get home!
LMAO, ain't that the truth.

Apr 25, 2002
www.mir-store.com
Yeah I definitely dont want to hear that Street Beat is wack, we were the FIRST to start holdin down the Bay music again, goin on a year and a half. We were the ones to bring Yukmouth, Mac Dre, Woodie, Messy Marv, RBL, etc to a local Santa Rosa radio. Were still the ONLY ones to play local shit and give it a chance, even when we know SOME of it is wack. But hey, thats SUPPORTING THE LOCALS.

The best way to put it is EVERYONE wants shows but EVERYONE thinks they are a super star. All these so called players and ballers complaining about a 5-10 dollar cover charge LOL. Same fucks thatll pay 70 for a good seat at an Usher show

One other classic aspect of a local 707 show, especially Santa Rosa, is everybody seems to have something to prove. Everyone gotta be the hardest dude alive. Everytime we do shows in a REAL hood environment, there are NO fights and everyone gets along and actually pays to get in, hence, nothing to prove. Folks need to start showing up to shit with a better attitude and actually have a good fuckin time on a Friday or Saturday night, instead of ending up in jail or getting your fuckin eye socket punched in for acting stupid, you may end up getting in bed with a chick. When we do shows in Sonoma man its all fuckin love. Very few fights if any and everybody happily pays and sees a good fuckin show, gets way more than they expected. Ask anyone thats been to one of ours in Sonoma. Its cause they have a whole different attitude out there.

Its a good rant and rave I guess but it wont happen anytime soon, bet on that