Petition To Include Dental Care In Affordable Care Act

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Diana Grillo, a MoveOn member in Cave Creek, Arizona, started a petition to the United States Congress and President Barack Obama, which says:

Dental coverage is a medical need and should be included in medical coverage for all and become a part of Medicare. Dental infections and many other dental problems are serious medical conditions. Dental coverage should not be denied because of inability to pay.

Click here to add your name to this petition, and then pass it along to your friends.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I pay $130/ month for hmo medical, dental, and vision for myself and one minor child. My employer pays $9600/yr for me to have those benefits.

I don't agree with the Affordable Care Act as it is, although I am not against healthcare available to all (as long as it is not a law written by the insurance companies like the Affordable Care Act was), and I didn't sign this petition- yet. I do think dental coverage is a medical need and if we are going to subsidize people for medical care, they also deserve dental- many health issues can be caused from dental issues.

One thing I do like that the ACA did was remove pre-existing condition exclusions(at least that is what THEY said to the public, I haven't researched it).

At the end of the day I'm just giving you all a heads up on what the next phase of the ACA is.

PEACE

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2002
I don't agree with the Affordable Care Act as it is, although I am not against healthcare available to all (as long as it is not a law written by the insurance companies like the Affordable Care Act was)

One thing I do like that the ACA did was remove pre-existing condition exclusions

the carriers mighta had a hand in the law, but not more than the gov. carriers wanted it cus the way it was sold to them was "everybody" is going to have to get insurance. the carriers in your state can only sell to state residents. and you can only buy from carriers in your state. so there was hella money involved. the single thing that is crumbling them and changed the industry (compare it to napster, or cheap home computer based recording) is pre existing conditions. as an insurer, your not going to cover a totalled vehicle. your not going to cover a burned down house. your not going to cover a models broken leg. thats not how insurance work. free healthcare was always out there, on the government. it's only fucked the way it is/was cus the government runs it. when you bought insurance coverage on your health (not life), in general it's a relatively better experiece cus its a private company who runs it and they really want to keep your business.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
the carriers mighta had a hand in the law, but not more than the gov. carriers wanted it cus the way it was sold to them was "everybody" is going to have to get insurance. the carriers in your state can only sell to state residents. and you can only buy from carriers in your state. so there was hella money involved. the single thing that is crumbling them and changed the industry (compare it to napster, or cheap home computer based recording) is pre existing conditions. as an insurer, your not going to cover a totalled vehicle. your not going to cover a burned down house. your not going to cover a models broken leg. thats not how insurance work. free healthcare was always out there, on the government. it's only fucked the way it is/was cus the government runs it. when you bought insurance coverage on your health (not life), in general it's a relatively better experiece cus its a private company who runs it and they really want to keep your business.
I don't necessariy disagree with you on your points, I think they have some validity. Years ago I worked in insurance, both L&H and P&C, with appointments in more than 40 states. However, the way the pre-existing condition exclusion situation worked in the past was if you were layed off from a job and could not afford COBRA, and say a year later you found a new job with medical benefits, if you had any pre-existing conditions, the insurer would not have to provide coverage for you regarding those pre-existing conditions due to your lapse in coverage during an exclusionary period. For many, that was playing with their lives- mind you corporations playing with their lives.

The Affordable Care Act was the Obama administration in collaboration with all the major players in the health care industry, the drug and insurance companies, the major hospital chains, and lobbyists representing the largest employers in the country.

Blue Cross Blue Shield: Insurer in all 50 States; in 2008 before the ACA, their revenue was >$320 million with 100 million insured. Insurance costs have risen every single year since then.

Because all of the BCBS insurers are organized separately by state, a lot of digging is required, but revenue in 2013 for Michigan alone was $21.3 BILLION (just BCBS of MICHIGAN).

Do you think it will grow with the additional citizens who sign up or decline?

From $320 MILLION collectively to BILLIONS FOR EACH of THE 37-40 organized plans individually?

Aetna: Not yet in all 50 States (with the exception of Medicare) had revenue in 2013 of $47.2 BILLION, with more than 22 million medical members, 14.3 million dental members, 13.8 million pharmacy members, 13.6 million group insurance members.

Add all of the (not just the one's I've listed) corporations' revenues and we are talking big money, as in the big money that IS our government.

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2006
I pay $130/ month for hmo medical, dental, and vision for myself and one minor child. My employer pays $9600/yr for me to have those benefits.

I don't agree with the Affordable Care Act as it is, although I am not against healthcare available to all (as long as it is not a law written by the insurance companies like the Affordable Care Act was), and I didn't sign this petition- yet. I do think dental coverage is a medical need and if we are going to subsidize people for medical care, they also deserve dental- many health issues can be caused from dental issues.

One thing I do like that the ACA did was remove pre-existing condition exclusions(at least that is what THEY said to the public, I haven't researched it).

At the end of the day I'm just giving you all a heads up on what the next phase of the ACA is.

PEACE
They should include dental but not if they're going to charge double lol.

I pay for my own health, vision and dental insurance, my job doesn't pay for anything which would be nice if they at least helped with that or offered a 401k plan. Shit even my last shitty ass job had benefits and 401k (0 contribution from the company tho)

Apr 25, 2002
Blue Cross Blue Shield: Insurer in all 50 States; in 2008 before the ACA, their revenue was >$320 million with 100 million insured. Insurance costs have risen every single year since then.

Because all of the BCBS insurers are organized separately by state, a lot of digging is required, but revenue in 2013 for Michigan alone was $21.3 BILLION (just BCBS of MICHIGAN).

Do you think it will grow with the additional citizens who sign up or decline?

carriers are in business to make money. if they were'nt, we'd all be forced to pay out of pocket (which we couldnt afford in a life time) or go to the government (the peoples) facilities. those suck. that's probably because of who runs 'em. insurance premiums also go up cus they have to pay medical bills. service and hospital space. every portion and department of a hospital is union so of course you gotta pay them hella money for not being a doctor. then the expensive ass technology that only a few hospitals can afford adds to the bill. small mom & pop joints. then they gotta pay for expensive ass meds. on top of that, 3rd party debt collection fee's and losses from people not paying bills are reflected on everybody elses bill. thats the type of shit insurance is covering. on top of that, they gotta make money to be a business. if not, then they would just be a non-profit organization.

its hard when you look at Blue Shield/Blue Cross national stats based off an agenda. they're like the McDonalds and Wal-Marts of health insurance but in Cali and some states they are seperate and compete. states all have there own insurance laws they make and follow with federal laws. that can change what type of money is coming in.

as far as citizens signing up, it's just a changed system. there are a lot of carriers in Cali who might be insuring more people, but some of those same carriers lay'ed/lay off full time employess (with health coverage) and strictly hire temps, who will only get insurance if the temp agency offer's it, which is probably not going to happen. the layoffs alone are a devastation, especially when this Obamacare shit was happening through the fucked up economy. even if they were to hire only full time employees with benefits, carriers downsized hella so the amount of jobs available is still way lower than pre-Obamacare. and the policies and prices aint the same. those people who never had insurance cus they never gave a fuck wouldnt know the difference.

EVERgREENRIDER

ResidentRocketScientist
Dec 18, 2008
At the Pump
The biggest crock about this shit is the fines if you dont sign up for health care. Yes, evetybody should have the opportunity to health care. But it should be ones choice to exercise that opportunity. It is effectively not a choice at this time, which is fucked up. Im in America, i should have the freedom to make such choices

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
The biggest crock about this shit is the fines if you dont sign up for health care. Yes, evetybody should have the opportunity to health care. But it should be ones choice to exercise that opportunity. It is effectively not a choice at this time, which is fucked up. Im in America, i should have the freedom to make such choices
chuuuuuuch

Apr 30, 2008
hatemachine.us
In a 5-4 decision written by Chief Justice John Roberts, the Supreme Court ruled that President Obama's health-care law is constitutional.

Full Text of the Supreme Court Decision
As bad of a decision as it is, it doesn't give him the right to change an existing law without getting approval from the House and Senate. They already ruled against the contraceptive mandate. I'm sure it will make it back to the Supreme Court over this eventually.

Feb 11, 2006
As bad of a decision as it is, it doesn't give him the right to change an existing law without getting approval from the House and Senate. They already ruled against the contraceptive mandate. I'm sure it will make it back to the Supreme Court over this eventually.
Aint you dat juggalo faggot wid a hella fucked up BOWL cut who smokes Crack??

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I'm on medi-cal. damn near everything is free including dental, although with dental they gotta do extra bullshit and send pictures to approve anything except dental emergencies
AZ needs to follow suit (but they won't unless federally mandated to- and even then it will be a court battle). The state medicaid here only covers dental for minor children. The only other option the dentally uninsured have in AZ (besides find a sliding scale provider- if financially able) is to wait for the dental community to do their annual 3 day charitable work, but even in those situations there is a limitation on the number of people they can see as well as a limit to the type of work they can perform.