persuasive speech topics

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 24, 2003
Why cheating on your assignments isn't wrong.........

Yeah I like that.

You could take a "survival of the fittest" type standpoint and argue that cheating is an adaptation that makes those that employ it more "successful" academically than those who do not.

Because academic success can be a contributing factor to success later in life, people who DO cheat are going to have “better” lives than those who DO NOT and pass on their cheating characteristics to their offspring (this is where Rekom's creative statistics come in). Even though those who do not cheat may have a better understanding of the presented material, those who do not cheat will be overall less successful and have less successful offspring.

It’s a persuasive speech. You don’t necessarily need to complete support what you are arguing. This would be a creative approach in an academic environment. I would be conscious of your teacher’s perspective though. In my experience some teachers would eat this shit up and give you an A regardless of your overall performance, while some teachers would fail you just because of the subject.

A lot of success in school can come from understanding your teacher and giving them what they want to hear.

Mar 4, 2007
i always did off the wall topics for my speeches lol.
no joke, everyone was always waiting for what crazy topic i'd talk about next
the first speech i did, i started off w/ a yoga position LOL.

oooh one girl did a demonstrative speech on belly dancing, all the guys were happy w/ that one.

i did a persuasive speech about how large media outlets lie, and i proved how it is ultimately corrupt because of the hand of power(rupert murdoch) and his fellow friends.

i st arted off w/ rare footage of flight 93 and suspicious reporting of the plane's "remaining artifacts"
lol it was waaaaay too long, and most people thought i was just a conspiracy theorist even tho i presented everything, imo, in a very organized manner.

lol my prof. had a shocked face afterwards, and everyone else was just plain confused(except this one dude that i knew was into politics)

Apr 11, 2005
I liked the idea of doing the assignment on cheating. I liked it so much that I stole it (thanks fellers) and used it for my persuasive speech. Everyone loved it but the instructor looked like she wanted to cry. At one point she said that she was the one to be studying until 4 in the morning and I replied with I was the one who got home at 4 in the morning from Taco Tuesday and still got the better grade! LOL. I think she'll still give me a good grade.

Nov 24, 2003
I liked the idea of doing the assignment on cheating. I liked it so much that I stole it (thanks fellers) and used it for my persuasive speech. Everyone loved it but the instructor looked like she wanted to cry. At one point she said that she was the one to be studying until 4 in the morning and I replied with I was the one who got home at 4 in the morning from Taco Tuesday and still got the better grade! LOL. I think she'll still give me a good grade.

LOL

Her reality just came crashing down....All those late nights were worthless. :siccness:

Sep 28, 2002
You better get that A.