paypal refund? anybody been through this?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2003
So here's the story.

I bought 2 tattoo machines off ebay last month. When I got it, it was missing two metal tubes, missing certain size needles, and the foot pedal was this plain black one instead of the yin yang design one on my auction.

4 days after I bought the item with "buy it now" I got an email from ebay stating the item had been removed and they could not tell me why. I guess the seller had plenty of these left so the auction stayed open after I had bought it, and ebay removed it.

The email from ebay also stated that should I have any further issue with the transaction I have to go through paypal or the seller.

So I emailed China man in Bejing and asked where my yin yang pedal is as well as the other shit and also bitched about how the new listings of his tattoo machines are ten bucks cheaper.

Long story short I got no response after several days.

I opened a case with paypal and escalated it since I had already gotten no response from the seller.

Does anybody know how paypal will evaluate this? What do they take into consideration?

I heard that my transaction is protected. But I'm curious if I'm gonna get anywhere with this.

So if you have ever gotten a different item than described.... and little help from the seller, what happens.

Do I just get a full refund for the thing? Theres no way I am gonna spend my money to send shit back to China when I dont know if I'll even get anything back.

I have to wait ten days before I hear back from paypal.

Thanks for any info folks.

May 15, 2002
From my one experience, Paypal is reasonable. I ordered a CD a few months ago on ebay, the person sent an email the next day saying they sent it, but 3 weeks later it still didn't come. I sent them a couple emails and they never responded, so I made a claim with Paypal and escalated it. Only a couple of hours after escalating the claim I got my refund.

What that basically tells me is that If you send emails and the person does not respond to any of them, Paypal will be more inclined to help you.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
yeah I did once

honestly I can't remember wtf it was for though

there was some website and I was trying to d/l something you had to pay for... I don't remember what... it was like $5 or some shit... not much at all... so I sent the money through paypal and went to d/l whatever it was and it wasn't working

so I emailed the contact info on the website saying the shit didn't work and I wanted my money back... got a response within 15 minutes... I think later that day or the next the money was back in my account

so I dunno... I had no hassles about it

Dec 9, 2005
Is the guy PayPal Verified ?

If he is, then PayPal will freeze $1,000 on the bank account connected to the PayPal account.

The only shitty part, is that they have to do an 'investegation' if the guy doesn't comply. Which takes about a week or two.

I had it happen to me, and eventually the guy ended up refunding me my money, because they put a freeze on his account. That's what his bitch ass got anyways for trying to be slick.

Jun 23, 2003
coo coo.

I mean I am happy for the most part with the items. But after talking to my friends. I truly didnt get what I had paid for. I have to go buy certain needles and shit now as well as tubes to even use the machines.

I asked for a partial refund. Hopefully he is reasonable. I asked for enough back to go buy a box of needles, some tubes and shit. I guess I'll just live with the plain foot pedal.

They hold a grand on his account? fuck thats some coin. My shit was less than a hunred.

Jun 23, 2003
/\/\ you know what I think I am just gonna do that shit. Just have the bank reverse that shit for real. waiting ten days is just gonna make more problems I think.

May 27, 2008
In the end you will get your way. As a seller for a while I learned that it's really easy to get money back if you complain to Paypal and Ebay enough. They will 99% rule in favor of the buyer even when they have little evidence, etc. The only way to prove this is to register or insure your packages or get order confirmation which can be costly = less potential buyers and a lower price

Gas One

May 24, 2006
Downtown, Pittsburg. Southeast Dago.
1) dont buy shit that isnt from america
2) dont haggle about the price after its sold
3) check the persons feedback before you buy
4) ask questions, or make sure the questions you have are answered in the listing, or its cheap for a reason

i learned something about buying cheap things the day i tried to buy a answering machine from a crackhead....which did not work...and i was out 3 bucks.....oh well

Jun 23, 2003
1) dont buy shit that isnt from america
2) dont haggle about the price after its sold
3) check the persons feedback before you buy
4) ask questions, or make sure the questions you have are answered in the listing, or its cheap for a reason

i learned something about buying cheap things the day i tried to buy a answering machine from a crackhead....which did not work...and i was out 3 bucks.....oh well

Most tattoo machines are made in china or overseas. The quality is fine. I did check the feedback, I can haggle about the price if I want. Some places offer price defference if your item goes on sale within a week. Which it did. The questions were answered in the listing man. I didnt get what was advertised. Gas are you high? I didn't say anything about the quality of the goods. Just the description.

Thanks for not helping lol.

Sep 5, 2008
Youre lucky, if I got an email from someone I sold something to on ebay and they were crying about me selling again for 10$s cheaper I would of screwed you over. You got 30 days to respond to a paypal complaint, I woulda waited till day 29 each time.

cry baby.