Paying God $1,000 dollars and getting $10,000 back...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 12, 2005
WHITE DEVIL said:
Oh god Heresy has inspired another religious penal provision student.
LMAO! I've been knowing about Section 501a churches, before I signed up for the siccness. My uncle told me about these churches back in 98.

Mar 12, 2005
WHITE DEVIL said:
BTW On topic, I know exactly the show you are talking about. rofl!

Wisdom Keys with Borther GIrard.

What cracks me up is when I was a Christian and much more well read on the Bible I used to watch that show and laugh at how blatantly wrong he was on several issues, misinterpreting and reinterpreting scripture, quoting out of context, etc.
Mike Murdoch and Robert Tilton crack me up. The most comedic "Christian" show is Jack Van Impe presents, it's my favorite sit-com. I love to laugh at his Hungarian hair do. You can tell Jack Van Impe's Wife slept with the announcer of the show.

Dec 25, 2003
What I dont understand is why y'all got some beef with Joel Osteen.

Yes he makes money which he probably keeps for himself, but I dont see shit wrong with his sermon / message, which is what really matters. I can watch him on TV w/o supporting him.

I watch his shit simply for entertainment value...hes a good speaker imo and he has some good messages.

Mar 12, 2005
Do you know what he preaches?

He Preaches that

1. You can do no wrong
2. Always be positive examples: If your husband is fat and lazy praise God that he made him like that. Simple bullshit like that
3. As a Christian, you are not to scare potential Christians, I guess, but he believes that if you reject Christ the rest of your life, you just have to live life good. Not to sound like a Pharisee or Sadducee but that's Heresy, you know the rest.
4. You don't profit money from the Word of God, "All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." II Timothy 3:16-17

He will use this as a means to gain money from preaching, the profit which one gains in the spiritual aspect of preaching. You already know the saying, you reap what you sow. The seed is the word of God, when it's time to reap the seeds you have planted by the word of God, you profit in a sense that the word which was the seed now has become harvest and will produce more seeds(followers) of Christ.

This man is a phony. I'm not knocking his hustle, shit he's a millionaire. He's deceiving so many people. You were once a christian, now you're an apostate Christian(apostate meaning you have stated you left the faith right?). You know damn well, no matter how positive you can be, the message you give can hurt and break people. He's a false prophet. His message each week is redundant, so in a sense it's a vain message. He hardly preaches about Salvation through Christ, rather always stay positive and you can never go wrong. C'mon now.

Everyone thinks Christianity is some religion were you need to be friendly, yeah...in a sense to those who are willing to open their ears and take heed, but with salvation there is conviction. If he's telling people not to fill so guilty about their sins, then what's the purpose of his message? Aren't the Purposes of the gospel meant for someone to repent(convictions of the Holy Spirit), receive Jesus(Application) and Renewal of one's self or to be Born again(The Sanctification).

Mar 12, 2005
Really? That's the problem with the "Church" today, one man will pick a scripture but won't take the entire book into account. Instead of choosing a scripture how about use the whole teachings of the book.