Patriotism!!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
UNITED STATES CODE
TITLE 36
CHAPTER 10

December 22, 1942 to become Public Law 829; Chapter 806, 77th Congress, 2nd session. Exact rules for use and display of the flag (36 U.S.C. 173-178) as well as associated sections (36 U.S.C. 171) Conduct during Playing of the National Anthem, (36 U.S.C. 172) the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag, and Manner of Delivery

'No disrespect should be shown to the Flag of the United States of America.' Therefore, actions not specifically included in the Code may be deemed acceptable as long as proper respect is shown.

This code is the guide for all handling and display of the Stars and Stripes.

176. Respect for flag

No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America . . .

(d) The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery.

(i) The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard.

St.Nick

CEO of Foundation Ent.
May 5, 2002
CB---THERE YOU ARE HOMIE! I was waiting for you to put your two cents in on this! I dig the approach, much more subtle. Did this Article actually become law? I would think a strict constructionist court would probably rule subsections (d) and (i) unconstitutional. In any event, ditto on the rest of the sentiments expressed in the Article...

What"s been up? Right now I"m sitting in Zacatecas, Mexico enjoying good food,good Tequila and even more beautiful women.You know how that goes. Hit me when you get a chance and let me know how you are getting along in the People"s Republic of U. of M-W.