PAPOOSE OFFICIAL THREAD

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Big Rich

Rest In Peace
Oct 20, 2003
this was the first thing i ever heard from him, been a fan ever since. i knew right then that the bar had just been raised in hip hop but knew this guy would never make it in the mainstream. much like chino xl. its sad that the real hip hop heads dont make up the majority of "rap" fans. thus, we get all the bullshit thats on the radio.

S.L.A.B

Hiphop-TV
Mar 26, 2006
hiphop-tv.blogspot.nl
this was the first thing i ever heard from him, been a fan ever since. i knew right then that the bar had just been raised in hip hop but knew this guy would never make it in the mainstream. much like chino xl. its sad that the real hip hop heads dont make up the majority of "rap" fans. thus, we get all the bullshit thats on the radio.

Record labels simply dont wanna have rappers with an opinion or real talent. the less talent u got and the more dumb shit u rap how better they sell.

Its said for the artist who have the talent but its how the game goes....getting pimped by a record company or stay in the streets stuck with your mixtapes...

Feb 7, 2006
bitches dictate music cuz they buy, and niggaz follow pussy so they sell out or just want slump in the trunk or some 1 dimensional bullshit. i could play nothing for myu girl last night that she didn't think was weak until lil wayne came on talking some nonsense. To her West coast was weak, underground weak, when I put on some southern shit that slapped but had lyrics shit was weak to her. For real I'm bout tired of bitches and they non-musical mainstream sell out asses. Picking music is bout the only time when I wanna bark on my girl.

Feb 8, 2003
Thing about Pap he failed going mainstream as a artist but won in general bc he left jive with his masters and with 2 million dollars. I think teh thing taht slowed him down teh last year or two was his wife remy ma being in prison

Big Rich

Rest In Peace
Oct 20, 2003
Record labels simply dont wanna have rappers with an opinion or real talent. the less talent u got and the more dumb shit u rap how better they sell.

Its said for the artist who have the talent but its how the game goes....getting pimped by a record company or stay in the streets stuck with your mixtapes...
speaking of which, i remember a few years ago (or even longer) that BET had a list of what they would and would not play and basically every artist or video that had any subject matter that spoke on politics, questioning authority,black empowerment, basically anything pro-black was on the list of videos not to play. all the dumbed down garbage was on the list of shit to play and alot of people got mad and started all kinds of conspiracies about BET's management.

fast forward to present time and guess what? BET won. they won because they now have a "generation" of youngsters that were raised watching this bullshit on TV and the same goes for the radio. these youngsters dont know any better. its sickening. and the fact is, we cant blame these little guys for not knowing any better and it blows me away that you have to damn near break a kids arm to get them to listen to something thats "thought provoking" because since he was 5 years old all he's been listening to is the same 6 songs every day on the radio and on tv.

could you imagine being a "90's baby" and your reference to whats good "hip-hop" is limited to what KMEL and 94.9 tells you. and what theyre telling you is... "chicken noodle soup" is the new hot shit?! fuck

Aug 5, 2009
yeah its good to see papoose is up on music from heads like brotha lynch and if you think about it, there both very technical wit there spittage, both have complex rhyme schemes and content thats street, even though they spit diffrent aspects of that shit certain times, so it really shouldn't be that suprising them two linking up to us, its a good look

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
yeah its good to see papoose is up on music from heads like brotha lynch and if you think about it, there both very technical wit there spittage, both have complex rhyme schemes and content thats street, even though they spit diffrent aspects of that shit certain times, so it really shouldn't be that suprising them two linking up to us, its a good look
hmm not realy lynch is legend but in no way can compare to the bars that papoose has let loose from his lips gonna peep it sounds good

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
i didn't check this out yesterday cos i thought it was the same one from the uthanizum 2 which i already have

but the track is sick, who did the production?

Aug 5, 2009
hmm not realy lynch is legend but in no way can compare to the bars that papoose has let loose from his lips gonna peep it sounds good
i mean papoose is a beast on the mic wit that wordplay, punchlines, rhyme schemes and shit like that, he batters the mic wit that shit, relentless like a brother possessed or sumthin, he's sick

but i think your sleeping on brotha lynch hung if you don't think he's complex wit his wordplay, flows, styles and rhyme schemes too, this track proved that he ain't no slouch on the mic neither, they both did there thing to me

UGT

Sicc OG
Sep 15, 2002
i was listenin to lynch n the 90's i know all about him nice colab tho pap always pulls it off with oddest people u wudnt expect which ones on uthanizum 2 is that another pap feature