OWENS STILL UNHAPPY...WANTED TO GO TO THE EAGLES LOL!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
PHILADELPHIA -- Even though he was traded to Baltimore, Terrell Owens says he is unsure whether he will report to the Ravens and still hopes to catch passes from Donovan McNabb in Philadelphia next season.

One day after the San Francisco 49ers sent the four-time Pro Bowl receiver to the Ravens, Owens told ESPN's Andrea Kremer he's not happy with the deal and plans to file a grievance.

"This is about me getting a fair shot at a team that I want to go to. Baltimore is definitely one of my choices, but Philly was my 'A' choice, my priority on my list," Owens said in an interview with Kremer late Friday night. "I talked to my agent earlier and we're going to file a grievance for the situation and we're going to hope for the best possible situation."

Chad Steele, a spokesman for the Ravens, said Saturday: "We have a valid contract with Terrell and we expect him to play for the Ravens." He declined to answer any other questions.

Desperate for a No. 1 receiver, the Eagles reportedly agreed to a contract with Owens that included a signing bonus believed to be worth about $10 million. But the volatile receiver was traded to the Ravens for a second-round pick Thursday before Philadelphia could complete a trade with the 49ers.

San Francisco general manager Terry Donahue said Eagles coach Andy Reid offered a fifth-round pick and wide receiver James Thrash for Owens.

"We had no interest in that whatsoever," Donahue said.

Donahue said he countered with a list of other players he'd want for Owens, but the teams couldn't agree on a deal.

"I told Andy we were going to move really quick and that we had a second-round pick and that if he had any further interest to call me back," Donahue said.

"He [Donahue] knows he doesn't want to see me on an NFC team," Owens told Kremer.

Owens failed to become a free agent this week when he missed a deadline last month to void the final three seasons of his contract. Joseph already filed a grievance with the NFL Management Council through the players' union in an effort to resolve that matter.

He contends he received no notification about the date change that resulted in his lost free agency, and isn't being treated fairly by the NFL or the players' association.

"We're not idiots," Owens said. "This is something we've been waiting on. The 49ers have known that I was more than possibly going to void my contract. There's been a lot of backstabbing going on the last couple of years.''

Owens caught 80 passes for 1,102 yards and nine touchdowns last season -- his lowest totals since 1999. He has been selected to the last four Pro Bowls while feuding with teammates, coaches, the 49ers' front office and the media.

Owens is due to make $17.7 million in base salary over the next three seasons, including $5.3 million next year -- a relative bargain for one of the NFL's best receivers.

When asked by Kremer if he would report to the Ravens, Owens said, "at this point I can't say what I am going to do."

The Eagles had perhaps the league's worst starting receivers, Thrash and Todd Pinkston. The duo combined for just 85 catches and three TDs last season. In Philadelphia's 14-3 loss to Carolina in the NFC championship game, Thrash had one catch and Pinkston had none.

The Eagles, who have lost the conference title game the last three years, upgraded their defense by signing three-time Pro Bowl defensive end Jevon Kearse to a $66 million, eight-year deal. But they still need a top target for McNabb, who has openly campaigned for the team to acquire Owens.

Owens spent all eight of his NFL seasons with the 49ers, who drafted him in the third round in 1996.

He and Indianapolis' Marvin Harrison are the only receivers with more than 5,000 yards and 50 touchdowns over the past four seasons.

Owens also is known for a series of on-field celebrations and off-field conflicts.

Two years ago, he pulled out a pen and signed a ball after scoring a touchdown in Seattle. He wasn't fined for the move but was severely chastised by commissioner Paul Tagliabue, who said he would be disciplined for future stunts.

Owens also precipitated a melee during a game by dancing on the Dallas Cowboys' star at midfield after scoring.

He threw a sideline tantrum during a game against Cleveland last season, and lost it again the following week against Minnesota, chewing out offensive coordinator Greg Knapp after the 49ers were stopped on a fourth-and-1 running play.

May 8, 2002
The man and his agent made the mistake not the Niners! Now he's stuck with a worse QB than Garcia and he knows it!

Everytime he opens his mouth he makes himself look like an ass! It makes things worse than what they are. So I dont feel sorry for him one bit!

May 8, 2002
Here is what The Niners GM has to say about this!

Your reaction to Terrell Owens’ comments Friday regarding the trade and the media stories about the trade being pulled:
“I think that is laughable. This is exactly what happened from the very beginning. Ozzie Newsome came out of the box first and made it very clear that Terrell Owens was his guy and that he wanted him. He offered us a second round pick. That was his offer from the very beginning and it never wavered, it was firm and we had it from the very first day that the trading activity began.

We called about half the teams in the league. We called David Joseph and told him he was free to look for a trade, and that we were going to concurrently look for a trade, that we were going to move very quickly on it, and that he needed to be in touch with us, but that we were going to move.

I had Bill McPherson call Andy Reid on our behalf, Andy said that he might have some interest; he gave Bill McPherson his cell phone number. I called Andy Reid and we had three different conversations in the same day. Andy offered us a fifth and a player. I told him that we weren’t interested in doing that deal, we had a second on the table and that we had no interest in that (fifth and a player) whatsoever. I told him that if he didn’t want to give us any draft picks, I would be interested in talking to about some of his players, and I told him that I would call him back.

When I called him back again, I listed a number of players on his team that we would be interested in and that we would be interested in putting a combination of a player or two together and trading them for Terrell Owens. None of the players that we identified he was interested in trading, with the exception of one who we were not interested in dealing for. We did ask about this player and thought that he could be apart of a two or three player type deal and that we might be able to incorporate him into a trade.

I told Andy when he said he was not interested in moving any of the players that I identified, that we were going to move really quick and that we had a second round pick and that if he had any further interest to call me back. That is exactly what happened.”

RE: If he has had any contact with him since that time.
“No.”

B

Blackjack 1577

I don't blame him for getting pissed off, he wanted to go to Philly but he ended up with tha Ravens cause of some paperwork mistake, plus he lost out on a lot of skrill too.

Apr 25, 2002
LMAO at Owens thinkin he has a say in what team he gets traded too

what a fuckin retard, I hope he has some shitty years in baltimore

Apr 25, 2002
Playa510 said:
ACTUALLY IF IT COST YOU MILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND YOU COULD OF WENT TO A TEAM THATS A LEGITIMATE CONTENDER YOUD BE PRETTY PISSED TOO.
bullshit. he signed a contract with a team that is was not up for another 3 seasons, he has no right to complain about where he's at and how much he's making. he did it to himself.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Either way you look at it, ya'll have to admit that Donahue fucked the team over. As a GM, his job is to look out for what's best for the team. Trading Owens for a lousy 2nd round draft was not in the teams best interest.
Donahue was hell bent on fucking Owens over not giving a fuck about the team. He was looking for "his" best interest.
Selfish bitch, I hope that what ever team Owens ends up going with torches the shit out of the 9ers!

May 10, 2002
FATAL GET OFF THE NINERS CAN DO NO WRONG SPEECH, EVERYONE KNOWS OWENS WAS SCREWD AND IF THE WHINERZ MANAGEMENT DIDNT LOOK PATHETIC BEFORE EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED LAST WEEK JUST REASSURED HOW DUMB THEM MOTHAFUCKAS ARE LMAO!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
shut your know-nothing ass up. i didnt say the Niners can do no wrong, obviously they can. cutting Garcia was dumb, trading T.O. for a weak ass 2nd round pick was retarded, Donahue is a clown, and Erickson doesnt belong there. they will start Tim Rattay, which is a fuckin stupid thing to even think about doing. trust me, i know more about this situation than you do, now shut your candy ass up.

yes Owens was screwed, and i do believe Donahue was bent on screwing him over. but then again, Owens brought it upon himself cuz he's a crying ass bitchmade punk. he cant keep his damn mouth shut if his life depended on it. he signed a contract which was not up for another 3 seasons, and then he wanted out of it. that alone proves he has no right to complain where he's playing.

next time, just save your sorry ass comments.

May 8, 2002
Who cares about Owens situation he brought this heat on himself. He's a man who cant blame himself for his own mistakes. And of course every Philly fan is mad about not getting Owens but a 5th round and James Thrash wont do folks. We had to settle for a 2nd rounder because other teams dont want to touch Owens due to his reputation. What Bill Walsh said was absolutly true...He lost alot of value due to his actions and way he dropped balls last year and as you can see no one was going to pay him a 20 mil bonus....Philly was going to give him only a 10 mil bonus for signing. Now he is crying because he didnt get what he wanted! The man has drasticly changed for the worse since Jerry Rice left the Niners. Im glad he's gone.

May 8, 2002
In other Niner News

OG Ron Stone on March 8 agreed to a three-year, $8.35 million deal with the Raiders, ESPN.com's John Clayton reported. The deal includes a $2 million signing bonus. Stone was with the Niners last season.
The 49ers reached a three-year agreement with DE John Engelberger, the first starter to return to the 49ers after a week of free-agent losses. Engelberger will receive a three-year, $5.2 million deal that includes a $1.2 million signing bonus. Based on minimal playtime, the deal voids to a two-year deal worth around $1.6 million a year.
Released by the 49ers on Feb. 27, OL Derrick Deese signed with the Bucs on March 4. The contract could be worth as much as $15 million, if Deese remains a starter, and it includes a $2.5 million signing bonus, according to ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli. Deese will earn a total of $5 million, between the signing bonus and base salaries, in the first two seasons.
The spending spree with which free agency has begun now extends even to the most esoteric of positions, with ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reporting that the 49ers have re-signed unrestricted free agent deep snapper Brian Jennings to a monster deal. A four-year veteran, and generally viewed as one of the NFL's top deep-snappers, Jennings received a six-year contract worth $4.86 million. The contract includes a $1.1 million signing bonus, believed to be the largest ever paid to a deep-snapper.

May 10, 2002
FATAL NOW ONLY IF YOU EXPLAINED WHAT YOU JUST SAID THE FIRST TIME YOU WOULDNT HAVE LOOKED LIKE A BIAS DUMB FUCK, YOUR RIGHT ON BUT SEEING WHAT YOU SAID THE FIRST TIME MADE ME COME AT YOU LIKE THAT.

AND DONT BOTHER SAYING "I DONT NEED TO EXPLAIN ANYTHING TO YOU DUMBFUCKS" OR WHATEVER FILL IN LINE YOU CAN COME UP WITH.

Nov 14, 2002
The funny thing is how Tone Dog used to be all over TO's nuts and have him all up in his sig, but now cuz TO wanted to bounce Tone Dog suddenly hates him and is jow currently jockin' Lloyd.

May 8, 2002
Sicc_Wit_It said:
The funny thing is how Tone Dog used to be all over TO's nuts and have him all up in his sig, but now cuz TO wanted to bounce Tone Dog suddenly hates him and is jow currently jockin' Lloyd.
Hey I dont hate Owens I just lost alot of respect for the guy. I think he has changed his attitude in the last 3 years for the wose and has become a distraction to the team. Owens has lost alot of his fans and is starting to become the laughing stock of the NFL with all the finger pointing and complaining he has done. I liked Owens when he just let his skills do the talking but he is no longer the same player. Now even his skills for catching the ball have been in question! Lloyd is the future pimpin and if you cant reconize game then you need to go back to the sisters forum with Czar!

May 8, 2002
Wide receiver Terrell Owens' request to be declared a free agent will be heard Saturd

NEW YORK -- Wide receiver Terrell Owens' request to be declared a free agent will be heard Saturday by an arbitrator, and a decision is expected the following day.

Owens was prevented from becoming a free agent when the NFL Management Council ruled last week that his agent, David Joseph, failed to void the last two years of his contract with the San Francisco 49ers by a Feb. 21 deadline.

The 49ers then traded Owens to Baltimore for a second-round pick.

The case, filed on Owens' behalf by the NFL Players Association, will be heard by Steven Burbank of the University of Pennsylvania Law School, who was selected jointly by the league and the NFLPA early last year to arbitrate such contract disputes.

Burbank will hear the case by conference call, and has informed the NFL he will announce the decision Sunday.

Owens' case will be argued by Richard Berthelsen, the union's general counsel and Jeffrey Kessler, their primary outside lawyer. Gregg Levy, the NFL's chief litigator, will argue the league's case.