Overrated Tarver got worked

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
He lost to someone that he had a 4 inch height advantage over, there aint no excuse for Tarver this time and it definitely makes him look like knocking out Roy Jones was the luckiest punch he ever threw in his life cuz Glen Johnson beat Tarver and Jones now, I knew Tarver wasnt as good as he was pumped up to be but this just shows he isnt ready for any of the big dogs out there he could fight.

Apr 8, 2004
Yeah Tarver won that shit. I was shocked when the judges said Johnson won. The judges cheated him on the first Tarver/Jones Jr. fight. Them judges be trippin.

May 6, 2002
Tarver lost that fight.
He did not do enough to win that fight..trying to steal the last minute of rounds...judges weren't fooled by that.

Johnson was more aggressive and had better ring control.

Out of all the people I know, about 5 grand total was lost by everyone betting on Tarver...and 80% of those people admitted that Tarver did lose that fight.

May 10, 2002
^^^ At least you agree with me there but Tarver in no way is pound for pound the best and now theres no chance now of anyone considering him the best, hes to cocky and he paid for it.

May 15, 2002
I watched some of this fight. My impressions were Johnson was a pitbull initiating a lot of action and being the aggressor. I didn't watch the end, but did Tarver give up the crown he wore in the ring.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
So if Tarver is over rated, what does that make Jones?

Sorry but I thought Tarver clearly won.
Yes, some rounds were close but even if Johnson got the benefit of the doubt,
a draw would've been more appropriate.

Johnson pressed the fight but took too much leather in order to call it affecting agressiveness.
Punch stat shows Tarver landing more and the difference to me was that Tarver was landing in combinations.

One thing though, the two judges who "awarded" Johnson the decision are full of shit.
They gave the last two rounds to Johnson.... Crazy.... Incompetence shows in those who are mislead by the crowd....

But oh well, boxing is a business.
They were just setting up a rematch....

Too bad senator McCain's national boxing commission bill got axed a couple weeks ago....

May 6, 2002
Playa510 said:
^^^ At least you agree with me there but Tarver in no way is pound for pound the best and now theres no chance now of anyone considering him the best, hes to cocky and he paid for it.
Of course. He's the Vargas of the LHW division. Experience wise, record wise, etc.
He should be on ESPN's FNF's.

May 6, 2002
miggidy said:
So if Tarver is over rated, what does that make Jones?

Sorry but I thought Tarver clearly won.
Yes, some rounds were close but even if Johnson got the benefit of the doubt,
a draw would've been more appropriate.

Jones will always go down in the history of boxing. Jones would whoop Tarver if he had anymore drive to fight. Im not even an RJJ fan, plus won a hundred bux watching Tarver KO Jones. Overall...to me anyways...Jones is a better boxer.

Watching as a fan, sure...Tarver won the fight.
Imagine scoring as a judge though..He did not do enough to take the fight. He was a 4 to 1 favorite. He should have smashed Johnson, but he gave a performace like that. Took rounds off and for some reason thought he had he fight in the basket. Landed nice combinations here and there...some beautiful lefts that popped Johnsons head back...but he sat on that too much and slowed down.

Overall, dead issue to me. Boxing is in drought until late January.
UFC 51, thats whats up.

Jul 24, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Jones will always have problems against a guy like Tarver.
Styles make fights, and Jones style is catered to Tarver's.

Anyways....
The only rounds where Johnson outlanded Tarver were rounds 1, 5, and 10.
Rounds 4, 7, and 11 were even.
So even if you had scored those rounds for Johnson, he would only get a draw....