OT: U.K. Technicians???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 20, 2008
Do they exist on this board?
Or am I the only example of it?

Tech N9ne is pretty unheard of out here.
I mean, you wouldn't find a Tech CD in any store round here.
But rest assured, I'm slowly changing that. Infecting friends & fam with the Tech noise.
All very positive responses so far.
Given sample CD's to up-and-rising rappers I've met from all round.

I'm from Southwest England.
Anyone else?

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Probably dude. I talk to a few folx from the UK and when I asked them if they ever heard Tech N9ne they said, "No." A lot of Hed PE fans over there though... and the ones that I did tell to check Tech out said they didn't care much for him??? A lot of metal heads over there though... metal is pretty big over there huh?

Anyway, welcome to the board...

Apr 20, 2008
Cheers
yeah, some Hed PE songs have achieved classic status in the metal world here.
Metal/Alt Rock/Punk seems pretty big atm.

UK hip-hop is getting big too, but I really don't like most of it. It's the London accent. Sounds too whiny and pussy. Doesn't come hard like American artists.
Some good talent over here tho, don't get me wrong.

Good Tech + Hed PE do shit together... potential for some good recognition.
Most of the Hed PE fans here probably never heard of Tech or even their labelmates like KMK.

Aug 16, 2003
Do they exist on this board?
Or am I the only example of it?

Tech N9ne is pretty unheard of out here.
I mean, you wouldn't find a Tech CD in any store round here.
But rest assured, I'm slowly changing that. Infecting friends & fam with the Tech noise.
All very positive responses so far.
Given sample CD's to up-and-rising rappers I've met from all round.

I'm from Southwest England.
Anyone else?
Im not from the UK buts good to see that people over there are getting exposed to Tech. Im glad that he had a chance to do some shit w/ RONZ from Berlin..that shit must have turned a few heads over there as well..

Oh and I was wondering if you might know whats up w/ the Jay-Z concert that went down over there....it was at Guadstaple or some shit lol...(sorry If I misspelled it) Shit looked crazy as hell...plus he had alot of haters over there from the "rock stars" lol

Welcome to the boards..

Holla:siccness:

Apr 20, 2008
haha, you mean Glastonbury??

Yeah, there was lots of skepticism as it is a traditionally more Rock festival.
But i think people accepted it and apparently it went down pretty well.

"He came, he saw, he conquered. Strolling onstage with a guitar for a tongue-in-cheek cover of Oasis' Wonderwall, Jay-Z's headline set was shot through with style and humour. With no special guests he made the Pyramid stage bounce with a devastating greatest hits set that marked a defining moment for Glastonbury. Point proved."
~ Account from BBC website.

I went years ago, as a wee nipper. Saw Fun Lovin' Criminals :siccness:

Aug 16, 2003
haha, you mean Glastonbury??

Yeah, there was lots of skepticism as it is a traditionally more Rock festival.
But i think people accepted it and apparently it went down pretty well.

"He came, he saw, he conquered. Strolling onstage with a guitar for a tongue-in-cheek cover of Oasis' Wonderwall, Jay-Z's headline set was shot through with style and humour. With no special guests he made the Pyramid stage bounce with a devastating greatest hits set that marked a defining moment for Glastonbury. Point proved."
~ Account from BBC website.

I went years ago, as a wee nipper. Saw Fun Lovin' Criminals :siccness:
Yeah thats it lol....I saw the Youtube video of his set and one of the pre interviews. The interviewer was like...I heard the front man from OASIS didnt want you to be hear and that hip hop dosent have a place here...and J was like..I dont think that the guy can say anything until he sees me perform lol...

Thats why he came out to Wonderwall...lol...for me thats a MILESTONE in hiphop...there are very few artists that can go into "enemy turf" and still hold it down IMO...Tech is possibly another that could do it but I think it will take more exposure for him to get to that lever...

Keep spreading it accross the pond man

Apr 20, 2008
Yeah thats it lol....I saw the Youtube video of his set and one of the pre interviews. The interviewer was like...I heard the front man from OASIS didnt want you to be hear and that hip hop dosent have a place here...and J was like..I dont think that the guy can say anything until he sees me perform lol...

Thats why he came out to Wonderwall...lol...for me thats a MILESTONE in hiphop...there are very few artists that can go into "enemy turf" and still hold it down IMO...Tech is possibly another that could do it but I think it will take more exposure for him to get to that lever...
Yeah, that kinda thing is always really good to see. It's reassuring that there are some open minded people left in the world too.

Agreed about the Tech thing, if he was wider known here, he'd blow that set.
Would have loved to see that Wonderwall cover xD

Keep spreading it accross the pond man
No doubt.

Apr 20, 2008
^ ahaha!
Good shit, props to him.

"greatest rapper of all time, living today"??
hmmm.... :ermm:

Don't know if I'd be so bold as to say that.

Aug 16, 2003
^ ahaha!
Good shit, props to him.

"greatest rapper of all time, living today"??
hmmm.... :ermm:

Don't know if I'd be so bold as to say that.
agreed..but if anyone can do a show like that its him....check out the rest of the show on youtube...shit is REDICULUS!!! Ya boy steps it up for hip hop...is the best rapper alive? I dont know..but he is for sure one of my favorites

Apr 20, 2008
Umm..
(embarrassingly) Through ICP and tracks they had with him.
But they were in the old juggalo days.

I just loved his style so I looked around for a few more tracks.
Heard things like 'Be Warned' and was blown away.
Searched some more and quickly became a fully fledged Tech fan.