OT: SOPA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 17, 2008
EVERYBODY LISTEN UP! THIS IS SERIOUS! SPREAD THE WORD GUYS!

Two bills before Congress, known as the Protect IP Act (PIPA) in the Senate and the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) in the House, would censor the Web and impose harmful regulations on American business. Millions of Internet users and entrepreneurs already oppose SOPA and PIPA.

The Senate will begin voting on January 24th. Please let them know how you feel. Sign this petition urging Congress to vote NO on PIPA and SOPA before it is too late.

Thought id post this here since most of you don't leave the Strange Forum. This takes about 30 seconds of your time, all you need to put is your address and zip code. Spread the word guys I know most of you download stuff.

https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
How fucking lame is google? They didn't do shit today. Seems like they're already in the pockets of the gov, IMO.
Actually, they did. They didn't go as far as some other sites (such as Wikipedia doing a 'complete blackout'), but they blacked out their logo in protest. Clicking said logo takes you to their "take action" page.

Nov 4, 2005
It's not like they un-banned me... Wish I had my old name (15,000 posts deep) back...
ya but it was kinda obvious u were pissed since u didnt show up, on the norm people come back with a different name and continue with themselves with a new prerogative of bitching why they got banned....but you, just sat back and was done with it....

Jan 6, 2012
ya but it was kinda obvious u were pissed since u didnt show up, on the norm people come back with a different name and continue with themselves with a new prerogative of bitching why they got banned....but you, just sat back and was done with it....
Do you mean, "weren't pissed"?? I made a comment that I was pretty sure would get me banned, deserved or not... Got banned. Didn't really care as much as I thought I would, and kinda moved the fuck on... But at the end of the day, I like to get drunk and post on the sicc with (at least a few) people I consider friends.

I know why I got banned... simple as that. I'm not gonna cry about it.

As far as (what was) SOPA goes... I'm not worried about it. It's the internet. You can get shit from a million different places. I mean... You can go to the fuckin' library and "rent" a dvd for free and burn the shit out of it. It would probably take me less time to go down the block, get the movie, copy it (if I even cared to), and return the shit the same day than it would to fish through a million links to find a working (and real) copy of a movie, then download it.

Plus I'm pretty sure you can't hold Megaupload responsible for what's hosted there, since anyone can upload anything on there. I could label something "cat video" and it could be Titanic, or it could be cat videos. Nobody knows. It's not the sites responsibility, it's the users... When files were flagged, they'd take them down. Simple as that.

We'll see how it plays out, I guess... But as long as I can still watch Angry Joe, Spoony, Cinema Snob, etc... than I'm good. I'll find my music somewhere else if I must.