OT:Snug Brim

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
I just went to 7th Heaven to see if they would miraculously have Hopsin or Stevie Stone's album...they didn't have them. So, I picked up Refill by Em and Snug Brim's new mixtape. Man, I've always been cool with Skatt and Snug and got both of their Strange releases...but I almost wrecked my car frantically trying 2 open up the Em cd so I could take out Snug's tape. It is horrible. I could make a better mixtape in my mom's basement. Makes Kutt's Flamez mixtape sound like it has a 10million dollar budget...I mean I wasn't expecting something amazing...but damn. I mean if you look at all the local KC shit, you wouldn't think it would sound spectacular just from looking at the covers, but usually sounds ok. Like all of Rich's stuff looks bootleg but sounds good.

Also, I was wondering if anybody knew why Snug wasn't on "Bring It 2 The Table" off of Scoob's album or why he wasn't on KOD with Skatt. Skatterman seems to be staying close...Snug not so much...Didn't know if there was an issue...

Aug 20, 2006
FLA
S&S are very....."local" sounding to me. i only like a handful of songs off the 2 albums. i wouldnt want to hear the solo work...maybe i would check Skats because i always thought he was better than snug....the end.

Mar 12, 2006
The cookbook is dope in my opinion, nothing groundbreaking but good beats and good production. I really dig the track with the popper, got the hook set as my ringtone. If you are a skatter fan it's DEFINATELY worth checkin out.

This snug tape is trash though production is really lacking..

Oct 25, 2006
I've seen so many people say that they think Snug is better than Skat, but I don't see how... he's been saying the same thing for his past two albums, and his voice just gives me a headache. There's nothing to compare it to, it's just... :eek:

Albeit Skatterman isn't much better, but at least his voice doesn't hurt my ears...

Sep 30, 2006
last time i rolled through KC i picked this up as well... was very disappointed with this, even though i didnt really expect much. hope skat & snug can make there upcoming projects alot better..

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
Jul 1, 2004
Thanks! I got love for my fans too!

But real talk on the snug album, I'd buy it if I lived in KC and wasnt laid off. Gotta be smart with my finances and drivin to kc to get a mixtape with terrible quality isnt on my to do list.

Status
Not open for further replies.