OT:HDTV question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 22, 2007
Alright, so I just got a 42 inch LG Plasma HDTV the other day. I tried playing MLB The Show 09 on PS2, and the damn game lags. Its mainly when I pitch and when I try to locate the ball. I dont know how to explain it. Anyways, does anyone know what I could do besides replacing my TV with another one? I never heard of a lag problem with HDTVs, but Ive looked it up and it seems to be a problem for people, but I really cant find a solution other than bringing it back and getitng another one.

Oct 25, 2006
Alright, so I just got a 42 inch LG Plasma HDTV the other day. I tried playing MLB The Show 09 on PS2, and the damn game lags. Its mainly when I pitch and when I try to locate the ball. I dont know how to explain it. Anyways, does anyone know what I could do besides replacing my TV with another one? I never heard of a lag problem with HDTVs, but Ive looked it up and it seems to be a problem for people, but I really cant find a solution other than bringing it back and getitng another one.
What does this look like, a computer repair forum??

Just kidding, I have no clue what the problem is, but I have a feeling it isn't your TV at fault...BUT, if other people are experiencing the same problem with same TV, then it probably is the TV. Just look up common problems with your TV and see if your problem falls under that...

Oct 25, 2006
post this shit in the video game forum fool!
You have nerve talking when you recently posted a topic about some guy named "Cydwaiz" on here who supposedly did a song with one of the two known "Tech N9nes", either of which we have no clue since his name didn't fall under "Tech N9ne" or "Tec-9". :knockout:

Aug 16, 2003
Check the game settings for progressive scan. Its normaly under display settings and its supposed to help for high res TV. It makes a difference when I play tekken and other fast paced games on HD

Jun 23, 2003
You have nerve talking when you recently posted a topic about some guy named "Cydwaiz" on here who supposedly did a song with one of the two known "Tech N9nes" :knockout:
two tech n9ne's? hahahahha

cydwaiz did a song with him.

Any other tech n9nes, 9's, or nines, aint doin shit anymore.

My thread had relevence to tech n9ne. This one belongs in the video game forum.

So you just made yourself look like a dipshit.

Oct 25, 2006
two tech n9ne's? hahahahha

cydwaiz did a song with him.

Any other tech n9nes, 9's, or nines, aint doin shit anymore.

My thread had relevence to tech n9ne. This one belongs in the video game forum.

So you just made yourself look like a dipshit.
Actually, I wasn't even taking my own comment seriously, I was just fuckin around with you, but since you took it seriously, you made yourself look like a dipshit, if there is even a reason to.

C-MOB

Sicc OG
Sep 10, 2004
www.cdbaby.com
if i was you i would just return the plasma tv and get an LCD tv... plasma weren't made for gaming, if you leave your game on pause too long it will burn an image on the screen... plus with most plasma tvs the plasma goes bad in about 5 years... LCDs are ALOT better for video games... since you got a PS2 you should just grab a 720p or 1080i, but if you're gonna get a better system in the future i'd get a 1080p...

Feb 12, 2006
True that on the plasma, especially if your playing sports where you have stats and score constantly in one place. I would hope even if you have a ps2 and got that nice tv you spent a little dough and got component cables too, that will play a part in the lag too. I agree that your main problem is that you spent the money on the tv and your still using a ps2. Step your game up and upgrade. Gamestop giving an extra 20 for your system and if you trade in 5 or more games you get an extra 30%(for the games) go trade that shit in.

Aug 26, 2003
True that on the plasma, especially if your playing sports where you have stats and score constantly in one place. I would hope even if you have a ps2 and got that nice tv you spent a little dough and got component cables too, that will play a part in the lag too. I agree that your main problem is that you spent the money on the tv and your still using a ps2. Step your game up and upgrade. Gamestop giving an extra 20 for your system and if you trade in 5 or more games you get an extra 30%(for the games) go trade that shit in.

I agree with all of that, but he could use craigslist and get a lot more for it.