OT - Busta dropped (or left) from Aftermath

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 14, 2006
This is probably not "new" news, but Busta Rhymes is apparently no longer on Aftermath. I've heard that there's a leak of his "new album" from Aftermath, and it's hot. If anyone has that shit, can you post a link for it?
Before Big Bang dropped, there was a leak/mixtape that was online and it was sweet. It had Busta with Q-Tip on one track and Busta with Ghost Face on another (I'm not a big Ghost Face "whiny" Killer fan, but that song was sick). Then when The Big Bang came out, I wasn't really feelin' it. Some of Busta's best songs are some of my favorites (you know he's got skills). I was really hoping to here some of this shit. Anyone got the hookup?

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
Is he signed to Strange or something? How is this Strange related? You would probably find more people care in the General Music discussion..

Aug 26, 2002
www.missouri.edu
Is he signed to Strange or something? How is this Strange related? You would probably find more people care in the General Music discussion..
because he SHOULD be on strange...

can you imagine the energy on a Tech / Busta anthem track? Busta might be one of the few emcees with as much or more energy/presence than Tech on the mic.

HIM

Sicc OG
Sep 27, 2002
because he SHOULD be on strange...

can you imagine the energy on a Tech / Busta anthem track? Busta might be one of the few emcees with as much or more energy/presence than Tech on the mic.
I would love to hear a track with them two...

Jun 9, 2007
I wouldnt mind hearing Tech and Busta on a track... I actually gave those leaked tracks a chance, they were OKAY but nothing great... Busta does sound like Tech on a couple of em tho...

I just think Busta is a very one-dimensional artist

oh if yall aint heard those leaks yet they're posted in the thread in General Hip-Hop

Apr 14, 2006
The Big Bang Theory was supposed to be Busta's best album. He took time to put it together, and he had Dr. Dre doing some beats (although he ended up with only a couple Dre produced tracks on the album). When the album dropped I was very dissapointed. I don't think there was one track with Busta rapping as fast as he really can (and has). I wonder if Strange would be interested (in investing the cash) to sign Busta Rhymes.
Maybe N8 should call up Travis and give him the suggestion...

Nov 6, 2005
busta signing to strange would be like a basketball player that left the nba and joined the freshman high school basketball team...
Except that freshman highschool team went to games with the stands filled with just as many as the nba team.

The distro deal would also be what he's used to, not a step down.
Only thing i see becoming an obstacle is the lack of money to just throw at each artist.