OT: Buck O'Neil

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 17, 2003
I think you mean National Baseball Hall of Fame. I believe he's in the Negro League Hall of Fame, but it was the stupid HOF in Cooperstown that snubbed him this year.

Anyway, Buck was a legend here in KC. There was no nicer man you could ever meet. He will truly be missed.

Jan 31, 2006
ya but was a legend in the baseball world he was snubbed 1 vote short for the hall of fame . But he did the introductory speech for the league. But it's sad that they will put him in now after he is dead. When he deserved to be in for what he's done and that was his dream.

Oct 20, 2003
it is sad

''Shed no tears for Buck,'' he told them. ''I couldn't attend Sarasota High School. That hurt. I couldn't attend the University of Florida. That hurt.

''But not going into the Hall of Fame, that ain't going to hurt me that much, no. Before, I wouldn't even have a chance. But this time I had that chance.

''Just keep loving old Buck.''

-Buck O' Neil

Jan 4, 2005
he was the real kansas city king. everyone knew who buck was here in kc. i got to meet him once back when i played in the ban johnson league. he was a very nice man and he loved to tell you stories of how baseball was and all.

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
Don't blame MLB for it. it's the sports writers that vote the people in, not MLB. anyway, from what i've heard he was the classiest of men. Not too many people in sports that have the class that the old timers have (besides a few managers and players that are still around). Rest in Piece to a legend.