OT: Brittany Murphy Dead

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2006
The 32-year-old actress went into full cardiac arrest early Sunday morning following a 911 call from her husband , Simon Monjack, Variety reports . The star was pronounced dead upon arrival at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles.

The Los Angeles County Department of Coroner confirms to E! News, "We do have a preliminary death report of a Brittany Murphy" coming from Cedars-Sinai.

Murphy starred in such films as 8 Mile, Uptown Girls, Sin City and Don't Say a Word, and voiced the part of Luanne Platter in the Fox animated series, King of the Hill.

Former boyfriend Ashton Kutcher immediately Twittered , "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother, Sharon."

Murphy began her career at age nine on Broadway in Les Miserables, and went on to several short-lived television gigs before landing her role as Tai in 1995's hit comedy, Clueless.

Another banner year for the star was 2002, when she starred opposite Eminem in 8 Mile and became a tabloid favorite for dating Kutcher during and after their film, Just Married.

When that relationship fizzled, Murphy's tumultuous dating life didn't end for years later.

The actress was engaged several times—first to former agent, Jeff Kwatinetz, then Little Black Book production assistant, Joe Macaluso—before marrying screenwriter Monjack in 2007.

Story developing...
http://www.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20091220/b158928/

Oct 6, 2008
Have some respect for the dead guys.

Whether she went out quietly in her sleep or died like Elvis. It's still a terrible thing.

Every year people die right before Christmas. (Pimp-C for instance)

People die every second of every day but around this time, it seems to be more difficult.

RIP Brittany Murphy.. My prayers are with her family and her loved ones.

Jul 1, 2004
Have some respect for the dead guys.

Whether she went out quietly in her sleep or died like Elvis. It's still a terrible thing.

Every year people die right before Christmas. (Pimp-C for instance)

People die every second of every day but around this time, it seems to be more difficult.

RIP Brittany Murphy.. My prayers are with her family and her loved ones.
Who didnt have respect for the dead? It was simply stated she was a tweaker. She killed herself IMO. I dont like it when anyone dies, it was apparent this chick had a drug problem and she died for it. Of course people are gonna talk about her drug problem. Dont be Captain Save a Ho and say we dont have respect. Thats like sayin dont talk about drugs when you talk about how elvis died or heath ledger or michael jackson.

RIP

Aug 31, 2006
Damn, whenever I hear about someone dying from drugs or alcohol, it makes me cringe...

I hope it reminds us how much addiction to substances controls some our our lives. Addiction and substance abuse gets the best of us.....Dont think you are better than a person who cant control themselves, because it will just as easily happen to you

RIP Brittany Murphy, you brought a certain spunk to the screen.

Oct 6, 2008
Are you gonna sing us a song?
Who didnt have respect for the dead? It was simply stated she was a tweaker. She killed herself IMO. I dont like it when anyone dies, it was apparent this chick had a drug problem and she died for it. Of course people are gonna talk about her drug problem. Dont be Captain Save a Ho and say we dont have respect. Thats like sayin dont talk about drugs when you talk about how elvis died or heath ledger or michael jackson.

RIP
First, yes I'm gonna sing you a song.. Timmy and the Lords of The Underworld

And second, when I first opened this thread, it was sounding like: "She was a tweaker, who gives a shit, she's dead..." (Not exact quote of course)

That's why I posted what I posted. Ant, I see your point entirely and I don't expect any empathy from you or any one else over this.

The fact of the matter is, she's passed on and it's sudden and tragic. That doesn't make me "Captain Save A Ho" because I care.

And as far as "she killed herself IMO" that's only an opinion or theory, as of right now. No more, no less.

I didn't come on this board to get in arguments with utter strangers over the internet. If you took offense, my apologies.

I simply expressed how I felt, as you did.

Merry Christmas to all..

Status
Not open for further replies.