Orphan

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
Anyone else see it?

I didnt have high expectations. the trailer for the movie sucked. but I was actually pretty surprised at how good it was. It was a lot more twisted than I thought it was gonna be. The ending was fucking sick. I recommend this one.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
In my opinion the movie sucked major ass but the plot twist was fucking HILARIOUS. Like it wasn't even a amazing plot twist or anything but I laughed at it for the remainder of the movie.

It actually made me kind of laugh right now just thinking of it.

May 2, 2002
I liked the plot twist.. It kinda reminded me of Sleepaway Camp.

My favorite part is when the mom is talking to her, "when grown ups love eachother, they like to express that.. and they do that by, uh..."

Orphan: "I know; they fuck"

that part had me rollin

Apr 25, 2002
** Spoilers **

I Liked 'Orphan' More When It Was Called 'The Good Son'

http://www.horrorsquad.com/2009/07/27/i-liked-orphan-more-when-it-was-called-the-good-son/

By Eric Snider

Actually, the headline is misleading. I didn't like either film. But if you saw the new thriller Orphan this weekend and it seemed familiar, perhaps you're remembering the 1993 Macaulay Culkin fiasco The Good Son. It's not just that they're both about evil kids; the similarities run deeper than that. Here's a list, which is slightly spoiler-ish for both films.

In The Good Son and Orphan:

The setting is New England in the winter.
A mother mourns the death of her baby sometime earlier.
A past tragedy occurred involving water.
There is danger in a treehouse.
Broken ice on a frozen pond leads to near-tragedy.
A young boy is threatened with a sharp object (box-cutter or scissors) against his throat while he lies on a bed.
A psychiatrist interviews the evil child, finds nothing wrong with him or her, and believes it is the child's main opponent who is the problem.
The evil child kills an animal.
The evil child deliberately causes a car accident.
The evil child is discovered to have been responsible for a prior death.
The evil child forces another child to help hide evidence.
A little sister is menaced and almost killed.
Both movies stink.

Jun 9, 2007
haha... yea I just burned this one yesterday, prolly watch it tonight... I already know what happens but I hope it'll be funny enough to hold my interest the whole way through the movie...