Oregon Officials Label E-40 Gangsta Rapper, Show Canceled

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
THIS IS SOME BULLSHIT.....

E-40's scheduled concert in Oregon last night (Dec. 11) was been canceled due to authorities' fear of alcohol sales, the show's content and possible gang violence.

The performance was supposed to be held at a teen dance club called VIBES, but was called off after Director Tom Cole discovered that several police and Medford City Council members opposed the show.

"We found out [E-40] was a gangster rapper," Councilman Skip Knight told the Medford Mail Tribune. "We thought that was inappropriate for our town. We don't want somebody stirring up a gang issue, and this guy promotes that stuff."

Fliers promoting the show also mentioned that a beer garden would be accessible for adults in the upper level of VIBES, which is run by Kids Unlimited, an organization that offers after-school programs and services for about 1,000 young people a week.

Police gave City Council members a list of calls local police have had to respond to at VIBES in the past, Knight said, though he was unclear whether any of the incidents happened at E-40's previous shows at the venue.

According to Coles, the Bay Area rapper's appearances at VIBES in 2001 and 2003 were free of disruptions.

"There weren't any problems with assaults...or with gangs congregating, or anything like that," Cole said. "I feel like he has been real sensitive in the past, knowing it's a younger crowd."

The concert would have conflicted with Kids Unlimited's aim to help underprivileged youths.

"We had concerns people would get pretty wound up," said Medford Police Chief Eric Mellgren. "We just want to make sure downtown is safe."

E-40 was not available for comment at press time.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
when in doubt blame a white guy.. i blame ignorance to the situation at hand, not white people. how you know the cousil members are all white and not african american or latin for that matter.

think before you speak.

and from what i heard the regular show on friday went down and was crackin in oregon so someones got something twisted.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
Hell I wasn't sayin get the ACLU involved because the city council was white....They could be black and STILL be profiling him....I just think the reasons given in the article posted are COMPLETE BS....The liquor thing I can totally understand, but they made it sound like E-40 was Gangsta NIP or some shit lol

Apr 25, 2002
gangstas in medford??? thats a fuckin hick town, wtf......
shit would of went down smoothly. I wouldnt think 40 watta would have a big fan base in medford. but who knows, maybe cowboys are bumpin 40 in there trucks these days...

shadow

May 29, 2002
DUTCH-F.E said:
when in doubt blame a white guy.. i blame ignorance to the situation at hand, not white people. how you know the cousil members are all white and not african american or latin for that matter.

think before you speak.

and from what i heard the regular show on friday went down and was crackin in oregon so someones got something twisted.

I said it as a joke. i mean, i'm as white as snow