Orange Is the New Black

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 20, 2006
FLA
I'm like 6 episodes in and I like it. I also liked Weeds tho and this is pretty similar as far as writing and pacing go. It got renewed for a 2nd season before this one even was available for streaming. My only problem with it is how long can this show really go on? Unless they just keep making the main character violate and get more time she's gonna have to get out eventually.

emma

Sicc OG
Apr 5, 2006
I didn't expect much from this show (the trailer kind of reminded me of a typical Lifetime movie) but I started watching it the other day when I was bored, and a few episodes in I was totally hooked. I binge-watched the whole season in less than a week.

It's not just focused on some poor little yuppie blonde girl in prison; it really delves into the other women and their backstories too. I really liked the flashbacks into the other characters backgrounds and their lives before prison; the women aren't just portrayed as criminals/thugs/antagonists--they all have a human side, and I was impressed with the character development and depth so far.

It's totally different, but that was one of the things I loved about Lost; the character development really makes the show.

Anyway, I went through this season way too fast... I'm sad it's over already and I can't wait for season two!