Ong Bak 3 Trailer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
I dont think this is a repost couldn't find anything about it. If it is a repost my bad...

But this looks fukkin awesome..

May 14, 2002
The movie looks dope. I liked part one and two (the action for most parts offcourse)
I didn't even know they were making this movie.
But is this another sequel which has absolutely no relevance to the original story line like part 2 was to 1?

I didn't get this at all from the Ong Bak series...

Mar 18, 2003
Part 3 will be a direct sequel to part 2 and will start where part 2 left off. Yeah part 1 and 2 are like totally differnt movies really nothing do with each other besides the name.

May 14, 2002
Part 3 will be a direct sequel to part 2 and will start where part 2 left off. Yeah part 1 and 2 are like totally differnt movies really nothing do with each other besides the name.
I was gonna post that this shit doesn't make sense to me. And I watch quitte a few asian movies so I'm used to weird stuff.
But why would you make a movie sequel which is absolutely irrelevant to the original story. And then make a sequel to that movie.

It's all from the same country so there couldn't be any translation fuck up like there was with some Bruce Lee movies.
I checked on IMDB Ong Bak 1 and 2 don't have the same directors but some of the writers of part one have also been working on part 2.

Why couldn't they just give Ong Bak 2 an entire different name?

Then I noticed that the movie of 2005 Tom Yum Goong, which means shrimp soup. I think it's been released under the name 'The Protector' in the US.
Is also released under 'Ong Bak 2' in Thailand, so now there are 2 Ong Bak 2 movies which are totally irrelevant to the original movie and irrelevant to each other released in Thailand?

I'm confused :confused: and high :cheeky:

Sep 17, 2007
Part 3 is gonna be dope. Sometimes i really think this dude Tony is a maniac in real life.

I actually thought The Protector was Tony Ja's best film. He was killin it in that one.

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
The movie looks dope. I liked part one and two (the action for most parts offcourse)
I didn't even know they were making this movie.
But is this another sequel which has absolutely no relevance to the original story line like part 2 was to 1?

I didn't get this at all from the Ong Bak series...
According to Wikipedia...

Ong Bak 2 is actually set in ancient Thailand and as such, could be described as a historical epic with elements of fantasy combined, and has nothing to do with Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior. Ong Bak 2 also has nothing to do with Jaa's 2005 film Tom-Yum-Goong, which was sometimes incorrectly labelled Ong Bak 2 in the West, as well as The Protector and The Warrior King. Tom-Yum-Goong had a contemporary setting similar to Ong-Bak: Muay Thai Warrior, although it too had different characters and plot. Jaa's films have yet to tie into each other, although Jaa has claimed they will do so with the release of Ong Bak 3 in 2010.

May 14, 2002
So we have to wait then..
So far I've just watched them seperatley all good fighting/action movies to me, and I'm sure this one won't be any different.

May 14, 2002
I just seen part 3 and it was horrible!
Not even the fighting scenes could make up for the rest of the movies this time.