ON TOPIC!!: What Strange needs...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 14, 2002
...is a fuckin' rockin' metal band.

Or like... a Killswitch Engage type of thing. That would be cool. Then Kaliko could do the hooks on metal tracks.

This was my beavis and butthead comment of the month.

Aug 18, 2002
For once I totally agree with Mitch.....keep that shit local. Besides, from what I've heard Intent is dope and the lead singer has a beauiful voice. But I think their associated with Grant, and ya'll know that story.

But yes, Zero I think hittin all genres, to a certain extent, is the perfect plan.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
i dont really like the idea of Empire being with Strange...

......they have too many other people that need attention...
.....starting to turn into the underground Def Jam over there....

just a lot of rappers signed to a label...not really doin anything..

Aug 21, 2002
JLMACN said:
i dont really like the idea of Empire being with Strange...

......they have too many other people that need attention...
.....starting to turn into the underground Def Jam over there....

just a lot of rappers signed to a label...not really doin anything..

In a way yeah, but then again, they (Strange) are releasing albums and not really holding the artists back. Empire, not as much as I'd rather see Intent on the label...

Aug 18, 2002
Actually JL, I wish that's exactly what Strange would become is an underground, independent label that houses many artists. And not just rap music, but try and hit every genre, at least as far as you can go. I'd like to see'em keep it local and basically make it so everybody with talent in KC is riding together, u feel me? And people like Empire/Intent/Boy Big are acts that I'd have in mind. Yes, I think that they probably need more financial backing and increase in staff so they can focus their attention on every artist(s), but you have to admit that Strange is one of the only labels in this town thats doing anything. And by anything I mean releasing quality music from people who actually have the talent to do so. So why not keep it family and start to unite KC? Better now than never. :dead:

Sep 6, 2002
i don't really see strange being a just kc based label in the future because it would be too restricting especially since i'm sure while on tour they meet talented people in other cities. by the way what did PDM have to do with KC

Nov 14, 2002
Yeah that's kind of what I'm saying. PDM is an interesting direction as far as a signing goes, whether I like them or not. But a really sick metal band doin some crazy shit on Strange? That would be kickass. Then they could always give Tech his one rock track per album.

Sep 26, 2002
it would have to be a real metal band with a rough sound and not a metal band with that over produced polished radio sound... well, even if they dont play that shit on the radio most of the metal shit comin out now is manufactured for a certain market and that affects the songs and the sound and takes all the fun out of it. i mean i'm happy there are bands like ill nino, chimaira, kill switch engage but there's something about it that makes it a notch too tame... come to think of it, i bet those bands sound way heavier live than on the records

Nov 14, 2002
Maybe that has something to do with the fact that you're a hardcore metalhead who listens to Slayer. I like more 80's metal Poison, Whitesnake bullshit and local NY and "Almost anyhthing on Roadrunner" hardcore.

Can we settle for a Black Label Society sort of thing? That would work for me.

Aug 26, 2002
WWW.YABITCHDONEME.COM
Zero...you wanna get in on a good arguement....go to "Reasoning of the minds" section....thread: Christianity is stupid as fuck...

lol...its getting funny....i never took a look in there...but im glad i did now..

lol

Nov 14, 2002
I stay away from that place out of fear of my head exploding from the intake of stupidity and ignorance.

And I do want to mention, leave it to bitchampin to bring up empire when the thread is about metal bands. What a fuckin nut-hugger.

Oct 9, 2002
in10city_131x said:
i mean i'm happy there are bands like ill nino, chimaira, kill switch engage but there's something about it that makes it a notch too tame... come to think of it, i bet those bands sound way heavier live than on the records
Yes they are way heavier..... i just saw ill nino with soulfly over the weekend :cool:

Sep 26, 2002
Zer0.MediA said:
Maybe that has something to do with the fact that you're a hardcore metalhead who listens to Slayer.
lol
well yeah
slayer
old school metallica
old school megadeth
sepultura
system of a down
guns n roses
the sex pistols
bad religion

it's not "hardcore" except for slayer, but you get where i'm comin from as far as "sound" goes... even if GnR had sweet child playin on the radio for longasfuck that record still had that rough, dirty punk/rock/metal edge to it, which is lackin in todays rock and metal music (except system of a down and slayer)

but i'm sorta shooting my own foot cus my metal project EP at the end of this year might turn out pretty "produced" but whatever... i try to seperate the "fan -me" and the ""artist"-me" anyway

Feb 23, 2003
Zer0.MediA said:
...is a fuckin' rockin' metal band.

Or like... a Killswitch Engage type of thing. That would be cool. Then Kaliko could do the hooks on metal tracks.

This was my beavis and butthead comment of the month.

THIS PERSON SHOULD BE BANNED FOR THIS COMMENT.... :dead: