Old School Freddy B

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 4, 2011
Does anybody have a copy of this record? ben listening to it lately on youtube shit is dope! is he still around?
Yeah he's still around

Too Short Reveals That Former Partner Freddy B Is Now A Church Leader | Get The Latest Hip Hop News, Rap News & Hip Hop Album Sales | HipHop DX

In a new interview with DubCNN.com, Short explained Freddy's current whereabouts, along with why the pair did not work together more regularly during the 1980s. "We were rap partners in high school and then immediately after high school, right before I hooked up with 75 Girls, he went to prison," Short explained, referring to the label where he would gain regional fame. Short could not specify what Freddy's charges were, but believed they were possibly drug-related. The longtime Jive Records rapper continued, "He went to prison and when he came out I was playing the 75 Girls stuff during that time frame, and he was like ‘Yeah, I want get down.'" Short involved his partner on early releases, as Short was taking indie releases to Jive/RCA Records and achieving international success. Of Freddy's subsequent disappearance from Dangerous and Short albums, the rapper explained, "He went right back to jail again." Into the mid-1990s, Short achieved stardom as a soloist, while also leading his Dangerous Crew, with Ant Banks, Shorty B, Pee-Wee and others. In 1995, the group's studio debut along with Short's own Cocktails released, as Freddy B returned from his latest prison stint. "By the next time he got out, I had been rapping for a while. We had the Dangerous Crew album, and Cocktails, and stuff like that."

On Freddy's current whereabouts, Too Short added, "I just recently found out [Freddy B is] in Sacramento, he’s a preacher, or a deacon doing some kind of congregation church thing."

Props: 707Cheech
Apr 11, 2003
Broadbeach, AUSTRALIA
Yea i have the MP3 on my laptop of his CD... Personally as a die hard Too Short fan, i have to say it sucked to me. Yes its old school and made in another era but there are plenty of albums from that time i can play all the way and enjoy ( any of 75 girls Too Short tapes, Ice T for example ec ) and Freddy B's album doesnt fall into that category.

It sounds rushed and compromised to me. None of the songs stand out.