ok here is an idea... Siccness.net Midwest Mafia Mixtape seris...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 1, 2004
Who's gonna foot the manufacturing bill?

Thats where the idea falls off the rails, the concept is cool though. The only problem is its more of a novelty then anything else, at least around here.

You might have luck pitching the idea to one of the labels but then you got royalty issues and shit.

Their is no way a mixtape could be collectively accomplished around here in my opinion, unless artists signed waivers and some one took the project on them selves. Even then your gonna have to sell 200 at 5 each to break even, good luck with that.
Law also said, if you wanna burn a bunch of copies and give them away as promotion for yourself that would be fine too.

Apr 4, 2006
www.myspace.com
I could get em in stores locally, the mom and pop cd stores where I'm at. (about 10 stores).

I could burn them on demand and for my time/resources (cases, labels, cover art etc) I would charge the store $5 each. It could pay off for the artists because I would include contact info, websites etc.

Mar 31, 2005
www.myspace.com
D-Skrilla is DOPE on the covers, he did my last album cover. My Dj would mix it and he's real ILL, and we would help push them. I got a disc printer and inserts for the album are only $100 for 1,000. I think it's a dope idea and it would definitely work. It would help out every one affiliated with the project. A lot of blog sites put out mixtapes, why wouldn't we do it!?