Ohio State deserves the Title!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
The game was a good one, and it was so close that the deciding factor of the game in many minds lay in the hands of the ref with an alleged bad call. When I saw the penalty, and then watched replays of it, I figured out 2 things. There was no direct pass interference; however there was a hold before they even got into the end zone. You Ohio State fans need to know that if they called holding, there would not be any Miami fans complaining, but the call was PI. After a half dozen replays I saw no PI, nor did anyone else, but after reading an article, I am convinced that maybe the call was not a bad one.

"I saw the guy holding the guy prior to the ball being put in the air," Porter said. "He was still holding him, pulling him down while the ball was in the air. I gave the signal for holding. Then I realized it should be pass interference because the ball was in the air."

Porter, part of a Big 12 officiating crew, says the call was delayed because he replayed it in his mind: "I wanted to make double sure it was the right call."

If you think about it really hard, that might not have been the proper call, but the holding before they got into the end zone justifies the PI call made after the play. In other words, it doesn’t matter what penalty was thrown, there was a foul that occurred. It would have been first down regardless which one they called, Ohio State more then likely would have scored. So the only thing left is the injuries suffered by Miami. Ill sum this up real easy, if your national championship hopes are completely dependant on one running back, you are not the best team in the nation. Many think thats the case for Ohio State, but they proved critics wrong in this game. Clarrett rushed for about 2 yards per. Although he did have 2 touchdowns, its safe to say there defense was the factor here. For the record, I am not an Ohio State fan, in fact I picked Miami to win it all at the beginning of the season, that remained my pick even during this game, but I call it like I see it.

It looked like he tore his leg off, but the injury suffered by McGahee has been classified as a Torn ACL.

[Full article reguarding the PI call]
http://espn.go.com/ncf/bowls02/s/fiesta_thecall.html

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
But the thing is.... Ohio St. and its fans dont care about Miami fans complainin!! They are the champs and it aint nuthin that anyone can do about!! Miami choked like usual for the most part in title games!!! GOT EM!!!

Jun 14, 2002
Cazr ive never seen a dude ride so much dick as u...on EVERY sport...the ref fuckin blows a bigger cock than u ride....NCCA should fire that guy for lettin him take it upon him self who he wanted to win..fuck that shit

Apr 25, 2002
Choke like usual? Over-rated? This was only there 2nd loss in over 3 years, they beat NUMEROUS ranked teams along the way and you say their over-rated? They won the National Championship last year and you say they choked like usual? Dog what sport are you watching? Ive seen you throw the word "Over-rated" around alot, its just now that i am realizing you dont even know what it means.

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
Haha u still cryin cuttchoke?? Haha, your team sucks and yall LOST!!!!! U are not champs no more, yall just a regular team now with a fucked up RB!!! Haha!!! Nitro u already what we think of u!! Haha!! Ohio St.!! Big Ten Bitches!! GOT EM!!!

Apr 25, 2002
CZAR Because you were talking shit about how tight Penn State was, thats whats up now. Yo Cutt Throat, Gore is sick as fuck , i know you probably know that. Watch, if he plays all year next year, him and Clarrett will be among the top RB's.

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
C'mon Nitro,the fans still got the swagger of the 80's.I'm as shocked as anyone,but OSU's D-Line won that game.Canes could'nt do shit and I'm sure cutty777 would be the first to admit he thought Mc-G would go for 150+!!regardless

:::::::::::gameover:::::::::::

Nov 16, 2002
KINGCZAR said:
Big Ten Bitches!!
Well the game that you cared about your Penn State team fucked it up to that sorry ass Auburn team. Larry Johnson definitely didnt play like a heisman candidate, actually he got outrushed by almost 70 yards by Auburn's back, and he didnt even go over a 100. Forget Penn State, Paterno needs to retire his old ass and not tarnish his legend image even more. FUCK EM!!!