Official Washington Huskies Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
I'd much rather the Huskies win then other people adding skrilla to their pocket. That's just me, though.

May 9, 2002
What I liked from last nights game:

Jake looked MUCH more comfortable in the new pro-style then I would have ever imagined. He still overthrew some passes, but he also had his WR's drop a few as well. Either way, Sark may be onto something.

The OLine looked pretty darn good considering they were facing some monsters out there. That was a big test for them and they did admirable.

What can i say about our skill position players??? Chris Polk looked amazing, and I am REALLY juiced on James Johnson...i expect BIG things from both players this year. It seems that Goodwin kind of got lost yesterday, and I was hoping to see more of Kearse. Also, Middleton didn't get used til LATE in the game...we need to use him EARLY in the future...I believe he is our "secret" weapon this year.

The defense was serviceable, considering their task. They looked MUCH better than last year with a lot of spunk and fire behind them.

With that said, we need to absolutely CUT out those penalties....11 for 100+ yards??? Unacceptable. 2 TO's isn't too bad, but it was the context of them and were at crucial points.

3rd down conversations were outstanding.

ALL in all, I was pleasantly surprised at what they did, albeit another lose to add to the streak. It WILL end next week against Idaho, even though they DID win yesterday.

If we can start 2-2 in the first 4 games, I will be happy. We will get spanked by USC and hopefully can beat Stanford.

BTW, WSU looks to be one of the worst teams in the nation this year. Fuck em.

Apr 25, 2002
I was impressed with Washington this week and wish them the best of luck. Really I thought the Huskies weakest link was some of the offensive play calling. Way to many handoffs with the success they were seeing on the QB keeper and the pass game.

With the exception of Oregon the PAC10 looked pretty good. I hope the coming years bring more parody to the conference with a stronger Washington and a stronger Stanford. USC still holds the crown though. Its just not fair the talent they have, they could have been in the BCS championship every year since Carroll came aboard except 2007. What kind of shit is that?!

May 9, 2002
I was impressed with Washington this week and wish them the best of luck. Really I thought the Huskies weakest link was some of the offensive play calling. Way to many handoffs with the success they were seeing on the QB keeper and the pass game.
They wanted to keep the defense honest, and also give Polk some experience against a fast, big defense. Not to mention, they are trying to keep Locker IN the pocket....we are a pro-style offense now, not a spread option like in the past.

With the exception of Oregon the PAC10 looked pretty good. I hope the coming years bring more parody to the conference with a stronger Washington and a stronger Stanford. USC still holds the crown though. Its just not fair the talent they have, they could have been in the BCS championship every year since Carroll came aboard except 2007. What kind of shit is that?!
WSU looked putrid and UCLA took a VERY long time to get going against a mid-level MWC team in SDST.

Apr 25, 2002
*yawns*

win a game. *yawns*

Multiple Choice # 1 : How many Rose Bowls has Washington played in since the California Golden Bears last accomplished the feet that is the goal of every team in the Pacific-10 Conference at the start of every year?

A. 0
B. 3
C. 7
D. 10

Multiple Choice # 2 : How many Rose Bowls has Washington won since the California Golden Bears last done the same?

A. 0
B. 3
C. 7
D. 10

Show off your intelligence and answer the questions correctly.

Apr 25, 2002
I like the detail everybody's grinding, but last night was a big picture night, not one to play the woulda coulda shoulda. It was just a great night to be a Husky fan.