Official Oakland Raiders 2016-2017 Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
We're going back into the delusional years again "hurr durr next year is our year durrrr"

Oh god that familiar feeling of failure. Hello darkness my old friend
It ain't that serious man lol of course we're gonna look like shit today, this result was pretty much expected. I don't think anybody actually expected McGloin to come in and do anything. Dude was missing 5 yard screen passes lol

Our entire season was based on Carr gunslinging and keeping us in games/coming from behind. We can't win without that, our defense is way too suspect.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I was just saying how I was pleasantly surprised with cook when he fumbled lol
I'm still liking Cook even with the fumble, he doesn't look scared to be out there and seems like he can actually hit a target when he throws. Dude played with the scout team all year and just seems happy to play.

McGloin looked shook as fuck from the start of the game.

What I really noticed with McGloin was he didn't even try to pretend to be ok like a lot of QB's do on the sideline after getting shook up, he went full on "look at me, I'm hurt" and showed how much he didn't want to be in the game anymore lol

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
wooooooooooow fuck you CBS. I can't watch the game anymore because CBS switched to the Chargers and Chiefs game and my Sunday Ticket is still showing the Raiders game as a locally aired game and won't let me get the feed.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Del Rio and Musgrave are actually letting Cook throw the ball. A great sign when they trust him enough to make some throws.

They were only letting McGloin throw screens for the most part and he was still missing lol

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
If you would have told me at the start of the season that we'd play our first playoff game versus the Texans, I would have been stoked. Granted it's without Carr, but I've definitely got some optimism
I was hoping for 9-7 at the beginning of the season. 12-4 and a playoff game is awesome regardless of how it turns out. Plus it's a winnable game against a bum Texans team, so that's even better. Looks like Tom Savage will be on concussion protocol so we get to go against pick machine Brock next week too. Hopefully Mack and Irvin get motivated and destroy Brock all day.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I don't want to be a dick, but the Broncos defense has been head hunting all day, they went helmet to helmet on McGloin on 3 straight plays. Dude that just got carted off for the Broncos got hurt head hunting, dude deserves that shit leading with the helmet.
They've been doing it since the very first game vs the Panthers, the NFL opener game with the entire NFL fanbase watching they went headhunting on Cam pure and simple. It was egregious and even though there was some manufactured controversy from the media following some bitter comments by Newton things went on business as usual with nothing from the league. I think there was a fine for one hit. It probably became pretty clear to them that they could use this as strategy

NFL is not interested in player safety, the head hunting rules are there to protect the biggest market quarterbacks and maybe swing a game the other way every now and then when needed