Official golden state warriors thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005

"At first, (teammates) were like, 'Look, sit down. You’re doing too much over there.' But I just kept doing it and then all of a sudden you have Carl Landry and Draymond Green getting up and into it ... Richard Jefferson [EMPHASIS MINE, BECAUSE R-JEFF WILL ALWAYS BE THE WORST] was probably the only person who didn’t really buy into the whole thing, but everybody else — D-Lee (David Lee) and Steph (Curry) — whenever we were getting minutes and they were on the sideline they would do it. ... They love it now, and it’s blowing up."

"After being ranked as the 499th-best player in the NBA by ESPN last season, Bazemore got 499 stitched into his sneakers."

I know we all know the celebrations of the Bazed God but i love this dude, glad to have his energy on the team
Of course Jefferson wasn't into it.. he's a huge fag. Glad he's off the team. I still blame him for that one loss against the spurs where he missed 2 free throws towards the end of the game... can't remember what game it was

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
i hated Jefferson too...most garbage player ever and even though S. Jax back on the dubs wasnt the best fit I would have kept him over Jefferson's geriatric ass...dude slowed down the court everytime he had the ball...thought he could isolate and couldnt...dude couldnt do shit

Jun 23, 2002
i hope bazemore turn into something that would be dope. i think he has the tools to do so. he's still pretty bad creating his own shot though. he's much better off the ball. i think his shooting has gotten better also.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
lol @ comcast playing trinidad james "all gold everything" before going to commercial break during the kings/warriors game

iguodala had a nice alley oop to bogut

and isiah thomas started jawin at curry, curry wasnt havin it

Props: :ab:
Apr 13, 2007
Warriors are a good team on the rise but think they are superstars after playing in their first playoff appearance in years...never seen them so cocky and dirty before.

Jun 23, 2002
^i dont think its GS being more cocky, i think these 2 teams really dont like each other. little mini rivalry going on here where the kings no doubt have some recent ownage on us. i thought isaiah thomas came off as extremely arrogant (hes a good player though)

and id like to see the warriors be more cocky anyway, or have some edge when they play. can only help

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Warriors waive C Dewayne Dedmon, F Joe Alexander and G Seth Curry.
There was an earlier report that they were leaning toward keeping Dedmon, but they chose to go with having an extra roster spot open than keeping the big man.

Props: :ab:

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
Warriors exercise fourth-year contract option on guard Klay Thompson, and the third-year options on Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli. All three players are now signed through the 2014-15 season.
This was a good move by the Warriors, as Thompson has averaged 14.8 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.1 assists in 30.7 minutes per game over his first two seasons. Barnes is dealing with a foot injury right now, but is a big piece of the puzzle in GSW, while Ezeli will become very relevant when Andrew Bogut's injury woes kick in again.

Jan 18, 2006
Yeah good there signed through next season. Btw fuck the Kings, cant wait for those faggots to move so the Warriors have an even bigger market.

Props: Mr G

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
WOW

The Warriors signed Andrew Bogut to a three-year, $43 million extension on Friday.
He played just 24.6 minutes per game in 32 outings with the team last year, but the team not having Bogut makes them very weak inside. They look to be going for it now with signing Andre Iguodala to a big deal, so it makes sense that they'd give the Aussie a raise. Bogut can be a productive player on the court as long as he's healthy.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Warriors waive 3, extend contracts of 3 others

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- A day after finishing the preseason, the Golden State Warriors waived three training camp invitees and extended the contracts of three regulars on Friday.

The Warriors waived guard Seth Curry, center Dewayne Dedmon and forward Joe Alexander. They also exercised the fourth-year contract option on shooting guard Klay Thompson and the third-year contract options on forward Harrison Barnes and center Festus Ezeli for the 2014-15 season, as expected.

The roster is at 14 players, one fewer than the maximum allowed. The Warriors could still sign another player before Wednesday night's regular-season opener against the Los Angeles Lakers.

Curry, Dedmon and Alexander were long shots to make the final roster. All three are expected to land on the team's NBA Development League affiliate, the Santa Cruz Warriors, if they aren't picked up by another NBA team.

The 23-year-old Curry, the younger brother of Warriors guard Stephen Curry, signed as an undrafted free agent out of Duke on Aug. 22. He missed most of the summer recovering from surgery on his right knee and shin.

Seth Curry appeared in six preseason games and averaged 2.2 points and one assist in 7.2 minutes. Dedmon played in five games, averaging 3.4 points and four rebounds in 10.3 minutes. Alexander did not appear in the preseason because of a stress reaction in his left leg.

Thompson has played in 148 games - starting 111 - the past two seasons. He is averaging 14.8 points, 3.2 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game.

Barnes started 81 games as a rookie last season. He averaged 9.2 points, 4.1 rebounds and 1.2 assists while earning First Team All-Rookie honors.

Ezeli appeared in 78 games - with 41 starts - as a rookie last season, averaging 2.4 points and four rebounds. He is expected to be out until at least January recovering from offseason surgery on his right knee.