Official GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS 2008-09 Season Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2002
^^lol i didnt catch that but I heard her say during the game, "He's very left-handed"...and I'm like what the fuck is the difference between being left handed and VERY left handed...she better not to regular season games

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
those guys are retarded, comparing his shot to matt leinart throwing. then they say "stephen jackson has a hand in his face, well actually he NEVER has a hand in his face, he just shoots whenever he feels like it". like they have nothing to talk about but bullshit

Aug 7, 2003
OAKLAND — Coach Don Nelson said from the outset of training camp that the Warriors’ point-guard job was C.J. Watson’s to lose.

Consider it officially lost.

Nelson confirmed Monday what had been obviously building over the past 10 days: DeMarcus Nelson will complete his local-boy-makes-good story by opening opposite Chris Paul when the Warriors tip off for real on Oct. 29.

DeMarcus Nelson will start Tuesday alongside Stephen Jackson, Corey Maggette, Al Harrington and Andris Biedrins in the Warriors’ exhibition finale against Lithuanian side Lietuvos Rytas.

Since Don Nelson is treating Tuesday’s game as a dress rehearsal for the regular season, it means the former Vallejo High standout is expected to start against the Hornets as well. And it ends any last remaining wisp of doubt over his roster status.

“It’s exciting to have that privilege, to be the starting (point) guard for the Warriors,” DeMarcus Nelson said. “This has been a dream come true, getting an opportunity to play here.”

The decision can’t be called a shock, given that the Duke product has started at the point in two of the Warriors’ last three exhibition games and shown flashes of brilliance, especially on the defensive end. But it can be considered an indictment of the play of Watson, who came into camp as the only point guard with experience playing for Don Nelson, and Marcus Williams, who arrived from New Jersey this summer at the cost of a conditional first-round draft pick.

“It’s competition, but it’s good competition,” Williams said. “And (DeMarcus) is playing the best right now, so he deserves it. But I know me and C.J. are going to keep competing.”

It was expected that Watson, signed from the NBA Development League on Jan. 8, would be pushed for the starting role in the absence of injured Monta Ellis. But it was Williams, the former UConn star and backup to Jason Kidd with the Nets, whom many thought be compete for the top spot.

Instead, Williams has struggled in practices and exhibition games, shooting 4-for-14 from the floor, with seven fouls and four turnovers against just six assists in 54 minutes. Williams said he needed to adjust his expectations after finding that the Warriors’ offense, instead of being the disorderly free-for-all it resembles on TV, has a complex underlying structure.

“I think the offense is a lot more different than I thought it was going to be,” Williams said. “From what I thought, it’s a lot more complicated, and in order for stuff to work, the guard has to be vocal, get everyone in order. We’ve got young players; the guards have got to steer Anthony Randolph, Richard (Hendrix), those guys, in the right direction, and I’m still learning myself.

“It’s kind of hard to be vocal when I don’t really know what’s going on, either.”

NOTES: The Warriors will hold their annual league-mandated open practice on Sunday at Oracle Arena. Practice starts at 1:30 p.m. and will include a intrasquad scrimmage (quarter lengths to be determined). Admission and parking are free. . . . On Sunday, the Warriors took their annual preseason quiz on the team’s offensive and defense schemes. Watson was the only player to score 100 percent, followed closely by DeMarcus Nelson and Kelenna Azubuike. Nobody got the bonus question: Which team drafted Don Nelson in 1962? (A: The Chicago Zephyrs, who would move to following year to Baltimore and rename themselves the Bullets).

Aug 7, 2003
Warriors coach Don Nelson confirmed Saturday that he has agreed to a two-year contract extension that will keep him with the team through the 2010-11 season.

A league source said the deal is expected to be worth approximately $12 million.

"It wasn't my idea," said Nelson, who was only signed through the end of the season. "It was fine with me to wait or go year-to-year, but they came to me and wanted me to commit to three (total) years. I'm pretty excited about it.

"And it's quite an honor, really, to be wanted."

Jun 23, 2002
yea looks like mullys gonna be gone, which pisses me off bc hes a decent GM. Rowell is tryin to run shit, thats all bad. He's Cohans little bitch too. Another reason why basicallly all bay area teams suck right now, idiot owners. Actually I'm gonna make a post about that right now...