**Official "Django Unchained" Thread**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006
quentin wanted to make a john brown or nat turner movie, I wish he would've got some backing for those ideas and made that instead but i guess only black people would wanna see it.

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
great QT film.

the music fit perfectly with the overall feel of the film. MOST of the acting was on point (considering the feel of the film).

Tarantino needs to stay the fuck out of his movies. He always sucks ass and weakens the overall movie. it was extremely obvious in this one

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
Damn, he had a cameo? lol. He is genius tier behind the cam but wack in front of it.

I'm sure he has about 200 movies he'd like to make, but his budget, grandiosity, and time constraints only allow for a movie every 2-5 years.

Feb 7, 2006
seen it last night...7.5/10.

A needed movie, especially to combat Spielberg's Lincoln in which he said he cut some of the harsher history out so he wouldn't offend white people. This movie to me is like Obama's appointment to office...symbolic victory.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
No joke people cheered when the "bag men" came "roaring" down the hill. the fuck is that? Now its a sport, you're rooting for a team? the fuck are you even cheering for? if too many white people got killed for your retarded ass to handle, what the fuck were you expecting? fuck outta here.

K.C.

Sicc OG
Jul 28, 2012
IMO this movie was great, the over the top acting is what made the movie enjoyable to me and Christopher Waltz killed it. I don't see how people being whipped and fed to dogs for no reason at all doesn't give you atleast some kind of emotional connection with the plot. Everything in this movie is a blatant slap in the face and it made the revenge scenes that more fulfilling.

Jun 21, 2005
No joke people cheered when the "bag men" came "roaring" down the hill. the fuck is that? Now its a sport, you're rooting for a team? the fuck are you even cheering for? if too many white people got killed for your retarded ass to handle, what the fuck were you expecting? fuck outta here.
heres an article about that. I did hella laugh when they were bitching about there bag masks..

The Django Moment; or, When Should White People Laugh in Django Unchained?

To paraphrase Oprah, call it a "Django Moment." This is the moment when, while watching Quentin Tarantino's campy new slave-revenge movie, a person of color begins to feel uncomfortable with the way white people around them are laughing at the horrors onscreen. Though the film from which it stems has only been in wide release for less than 48 hours, if what I've heard in private conversations is correct, the Django Moment is already a fairly widespread phenomenon.

My personal Django Moment came when an Australian slaver, played by Tarantino himself, haphazardly threw a bag full of dynamite into a cage of captive blacks before mocking their very real fear that they might be exploded to nothingness. A white man behind me let out a quick trumpet blast of a guffaw, and then fell silent. My face got hot, and my nephew, who was sitting at my right, shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Throughout the film, I'd laughed along with everyone in the theater as a lynch mob of bumbling rednecks planned to slaughter the "fancypants nigger" Django, and when the villainous house slave Stephen, played pitch perfectly by Samuel L. Jackson, limped dumbly around his master's plantation, kowtowing to every absurd demand with an acerbic and foulmouthed loyalty. But for whatever reason, the dynamite in the slave cage was a bridge too far for me. What the fuck is he laughing at? I thought, and just like that, the theater went from a place of communal revelry to a battleground.

rest of article..

The Django Moment; or, When Should White People Laugh in Django Unchained?

Props: [-KoRp$-]559
Mar 21, 2007
www.myspace.com
i seen it the day after it came out and the theater was packed with hella black people and i didnt feel guilty about laughing because i know im not racist people get butt hurt over anything fuck spike lees hater ass jelouse ass nigga. i laughed at the part where the old white guy said "a nigger on a horse?!" nobody laughed but me u could hear the crickets n shit but aint nobody tell me shit . sam jackson was a cold piece of shit tho lol

Props: menlohog
Nov 14, 2002
www.viiicdesign.com
Finally saw it the other night and I enjoyed the movie. Had to leave early and didn't get to see the last 10 min of the movie though. The scene where they played the Tupac song was kind of odd to me, it seemed like it didnt fit with the scene but overall all the actors played their characters very well.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
This movie was pretty damn terrible. Not Inglourious Basterds level terrible, but pretty bad. So second worst Tarantino film to date.

Soundtrack is usually one of the stand out features of a Tarantino film, but this was by far the worst. Terrible song selection and terrible placement of the songs.

The slave violence is brutal as fuck, yet it didn't carry any weight/emotional context so mostly it made me cringe just from the physical brutality, but not from the dehumanization of a human being treated worse than we treat our pets.

The acting was mediocre to poor in nearly every case. Christoph Waltz was again the highlight of the film.
DeCaprio, like Pitt before him, played a goofy over the top version of the character. I don't blame either of them and put that on Tarantino fully, but it still didn't make the performance any better. The best I can say for any of the rest of the cast was that they were present, Foxx, and nothing worse. I'd say Tarantino's cameo would be the worst performance in the movie, but he's not an actor so he doesn't need to be as ashamed as some of the others in this movie.

I actually considered leaving the theater at one point because I was tired and I didn't hold much hope for the movie getting any better. Instead I stayed because I had invested the time to see it and still had a little hope it would be good. It wasn't. I should have gone home and slept instead.

Too long. Don't know where i'd have shortened it other than just not making the movie though.

The high point was knowing I didn't pay to see it and just slid in to see it after the Hobbit.

1 out of 5
I didn't think it was as terrible as you did but definitely overrated, I'd probably give it a 4-5/10. I agree with the highlighted above.